Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 09:08:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sims clothes problems  (Read 2921 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
liverbird

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2008, 04:29:21 pm »

After installing apartment life some of my sims clothes have got a black cover over them...  Does anyone know why this has happened & some of the clothing has disappeared all together just has sims head when I tell them to change into or buy these clothes..  They were fine before apartment life....

Signature images may not be larger than 250 x 50. Keep them restricted to this size or smaller.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:07:42 pm »

are these custom clothes or maxis clothes?
ScooterBren

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:38:19 am »

I had the same problem.  Remove Insimenator.  It doesn't work with the newer eps.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 05:53:31 am »

I've also found an InSim bug with the reproductive mods, if you abort a pregnancy, it acts like it is done but the sim is still pregnant, and from that point on, for the pregnant sim, if you try to do "personal" and then "status" you get the jump bug, other sims are still ok. Also, some of the witch spells don't work, even though the anims run and the dialog to ask to become a witch does not show up regardless of relationship. Pull InSim and use the Sim Blender from Simbology.
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 10:00:01 am »

Does sim blender do the same things as insim objects...  They are custum clothes...

Signature images may not be larger than 250 x 50. Keep them restricted to this size or smaller.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 01:12:05 pm »

I had the same problem.  Remove Insimenator.  It doesn't work with the newer eps.
Insim had been updated for the latest EP, aka Apartment Life.

Lovebird,
I would suspect you are missing the Meshes for those clothes or there is a conflict. Maybe it's time you did a spring clean of your CC.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
ScooterBren

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 01:56:53 pm »

Even with cc's all removed, the same problem came back for me too when running the game.  I think this is more EA's glitch than a cc one because I did not have a problem until I installed Apartment Life also.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 04:08:30 pm »

Sounds more like a graphics card issue than anything. Have you updated your drivers lately?
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 10:45:14 am »

graphics card updated last week but still same problem...

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 11:44:47 am »

Have you made sure that the "Show custom content" config is checked? Newly installed EPs have a tendency to disable it.

P.S. If anything fails, search the Sims2Wiki and try to find a similar problem to yours; then follow the suggested steps.

Make also sure you have the latest AL patch installed.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 12:11:03 pm »

Liverbird,

this problem only occurs with custom clothes, not maxis clothes that came with the game?
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 10:32:01 am »

yes only accurs with custum clothes not maxis....  I'll check wilki site for any help & get back to you..  Yes custum content is enabled on start up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: