Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 06:22:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Textures switching around at random  (Read 1893 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AngryOldHag

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:30:37 am »

Hi,

It appears I've got a slight issue with my sims game. Don't bite my head off if it's already dealt with on another site because I tried googling it but came up with zilch. Basically, after a random amount of time, not even all the times that I play, my screen will flash to black for less than a second and then come back, which is slightly disturbing. Without fail, after this, half the textures in my game decide that they don't need to be fixed to one spot. I've had textures for maxis beds turn up on custom hair. I've had sims suddenly get wood textures and even the control panel gets patches of other textures spread out over it.

I have re-installed my game and it happens all the same. I've checked all my hacks but they're all up to date. It's happened on university dorms but also in a private home with just two sims living there. My game is fully patched and my graphics card is an NVidia GeForse 8600 GT with up-to-date drivers.

Does anyone have an idea? Because it's kinda weirding me out here.

Thanks,

Hag.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:24:25 pm »

ok first the standard questions:

do you have XP or Vista?
what expansion packs do you have?
How much RAM?
Have you updated DirectX?
and how much memory does your video card have?
AngryOldHag

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 04:56:02 am »

ok first the standard questions:

do you have XP or Vista?
what expansion packs do you have?
How much RAM?
Have you updated DirectX?
and how much memory does your video card have?

I have Windows XP.
I have University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time and Appartmentlife. I think that the problems started after I patched Appartmentlife.
I have at the moment 1 GB of Ram, on the back of the Appartment Life box said that that was needed.
DirectX has been updated.
My videocard has 512 MB memory.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 08:01:42 am »

well, then maybe it is your power source clicking off/on or a problem inside your comp with the power. when you use the computer for stuff besides the game, does it happen?
AngryOldHag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 08:39:11 am »

It doesn't happen outside of the game, not even when I'm rendering a big 3d scene. I replaced my power supply half a year ago with a newer one. I'm not quite certain what it is. I played for about three hours yesterday and it didn't happen and this included going to community lots and playing at a university dorm.

It's... weird.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 09:15:44 am »

Gremlins?  well, whatever it was perhaps it has stopped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: