Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 03:03:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims - Altering for the kiddo's...  (Read 1784 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2008, 11:19:22 am »

So I have my younger cousins here. Is it all possible to play the Sims (just with the regular games) if I take out all my adult CC?

Would they be able to save their games if I give them their own neighborhood, and would I be able to play as normal if I returned it when I am ready to play my own?

I have Any Game Saver, also. Would they be able to play with that and then save that way, or should I just try the first option?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 04:26:13 pm »

I could not find the "modify" button. Sorry, guys.

Anyway, I know this works, I have tried it with my cousin awhile back, I believe. I just don't remember exactly how I did it.

Well, I'm going to attempt taking out my downloads and replacing them with a temp download of
the "Child's Play" flamingo and see what happens.

For anyone else who would be interested in seeing how they can modify this game temporarily for the kids, I will get back to you and report the results.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 08:29:17 pm »

I would give them their own User profile on the PC, then put the Child's Play flamingo in their Downloads folder. If they have their own user profile, then they start out with no CC and if you are the PC's administrator and they are not, you can control what they put into their game.

If they use the same profile as you, even if you put the child's play mod in there they will still have access to all your adult-themed objects and clothing. If you genuinely want to child-proof the game, give them their own profile then use the child's play mod on that.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 09:02:06 am »

Hm... I can try this, Engram.

However, being somewhat computer inept... wouldn't I have to take out the Downloads folder and replace it with the flamingo and then replace the Downloads folder anyway when I return to my own account?

Hope I don't confuse you, lol. I just have never used more than one.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 02:16:00 am »

When you make a new user profile and then run the game, the game creates a totally new and separate The Sims 2 folder for the new user account. I run three different user account for my game:

1. Has only default skintones and other skintones that I made and is mostly Maxis match. Only two hoods - Strangetown and gender reversed Pleasantview. I'm planning on giving it a third hood, which will also be Maxis-y in tone.

2. Has selzi default skintones and a bunch of geneticized fantasy skintones with some non-Maxis match CC. Again, only two hoods, both of them custom, one of them houses my Asylum challenege, the other houses several legacy-style families.

3. Has quite a few different types of skintones, no CC furniture but lots of hair, makeup and clothing. Has all sorts of posing boxes and action hacks, etc. The account is solely used for making sims using Bodyshop for that user account and for taking in-game preview pics of sims and CC I make, never for playing.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: