Insimenator.org
May 17, 2024, 09:40:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Probably a dumb question but....  (Read 2204 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ptah

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2009, 08:43:25 am »

I know this is probaby a rookie question, but is there any way to rename a lot, other than kicking the family out of the house, sendind the lot to the box a reasign it?
I've recently downloaded the mini lots because I was running out of room in my neighbourhood, and now I can squeeze lots between pre-existing ones.
The problem is that now the street numbers lost their order. It's just a detail but it's really annoying and I don't want to remove every single family and replace the lost.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:29:06 am by ptah » Logged

And because of that, you have, in a world that likes its nice shiny labels, no true identity.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 11:36:25 am »

I don't know of a way. What you might try is getting Inge's stay-things shrub http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_MiscHacks.htm and put it on the lot, then goose the family with some extra simoleans and move them out, open the lots and buildings bar, rename the lot, then open the sims bar and move them back in, the stay-things shrub will prevent all their possesions being chucked when they move out.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:57:13 pm »

On the neighborhood screen, when you click on the house and the pop-up appears there are a couple of other options that are available by clicking the symbols inside the pop-up. Here is how to do it:

1. Click on the lot ou want to rename.

2. Wait for the pop-up box with the lot info to open.

3. On the left side there are 3 symbols. Click the one that looks like the letter i. Now that reveals 2 new sybols, one is for packageing the lot (*) and the other allows you to rename the lot. It looks like a house with a pencil touching the roof. Click it and it will change the pop-up to a box with the current lot name. Just delete the current name and change it to what you want it to display now. After you finish click the okay button and thats it.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 01:04:44 pm »

Cool, I didn't think that option to rename showed up unless the lot was unoccupied.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 01:06:58 pm »

No it shows up all the time for me. I move and rename lots all the time
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 01:15:49 pm »

Excellent. I don't usually do that unless I am moving the family somewhere else. The lot name isn't all that important to me, I guess. Anyway, looks like ptah has the answer to the problem now.
ptah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:21:17 pm »

yup. Grin
thx a lot.
Now I can stop obsessing about that little detail rolleyes

EDIT:
Aparently I'll continue to obsess since my version doesn't have that icon, but right now I only have UNI and NL, perhaps only newer EPs allow that option.  Undecided
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:31:42 am by ptah » Logged

And because of that, you have, in a world that likes its nice shiny labels, no true identity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: