Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 11:33:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: try for baby not showing up  (Read 3253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tanis191798

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:42:52 am »

refering to Try for Baby enabled for AL. where can i get the phone book by TJ.The only way i can try for baby is with the waterbed. Can someone help me?
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:53:49 pm »

do you have inteen and any of it's flavor paks? if so that maybe why..

tanis191798

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:14:18 pm »

i have inteen and all expansion packes. Inteen i have is for freetime i am going to updeat it for apartment life when i can, but i lost it befor i got it.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 06:24:23 pm »

If that option in the menu is not showing up, there are pretty much just 3 possibilities (and number 3 is by far the most likely):

1) Sim is within a few days of transitioning to elder and so is prevented by game from pregnancy.

2) One or more EPs/SPs are unpatched.

3) Custom content you have is either in conflict or is incompatible with your game configuration.

Try running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility:

http://208.109.175.73/Sims_2_HCDU.htm

Note that it does NOT differentiate between benign and non-benign conflicts, but only lists possible conflicting items (and may miss some as well). But it is a good place to start and check what may need to be removed because of conflicts.

After that, it is up to you to ferret out which file(s) need to be removed to end the conflict and restore the menu option to your game. using Clean Installer to either Move or Remove questionable files:

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

Be aware that using Remove in CI is final -- it cannot be undone and any file Removed is gone forever and irretrievable. if you've never used CI before, also note that all hacks and hacked objects are highlighted in red, and all duplicate files are highlighted in pink. You can group the duplicates together by using the MD5 tab in CI, and then remove all but one from any grouping of duplicates (only exception is if a group of duplicates is listed as 'Empty Package' in the Type column - in that case ONLY, remove them all).

Also note that if you have a lot of custom content, it can take CI a while to finish generating the full list of that content.

If I had to hazard a guess as to what to look for, would focus on woo-hoo hacks and/or hacked beds first.

Otherwise, the time consuming but tried and true 50% method is the remaining way to winnow down any culprits which are behind your problem:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:30:07 pm by rwills » Logged
tanis191798

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:38:06 pm »

O.K.  huh
I'm not so good at that stiff, do you know where i can get some thing called "phone book" by TJ?
I;m refering to (http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=97602.0) i think it can help me .
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 07:00:20 pm »

Tj is TwoJeffs, and the phone book is not a separate item, it is a part of the Autonomous Casual Romance (ACR) hack.

All that stuff is here:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php

One caveat: If you are already experiencing game probs due to incompatible or conflicting hacks, adding yet another (especially a powerful one such as ACR) could very well cause more problems.

Anyway, ACR is not offered nor supported here, so you'll have to go to the above link for any help involving that.
tanis191798

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 07:20:25 pm »

what kind of modes would cases this?I live on downlodes.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 09:25:33 pm »

i have inteen and all expansion packes. Inteen i have is for freetime i am going to updeat it for apartment life when i can, but i lost it befor i got it.

Take out InTeen. That should fix your try for baby problem. Since you have the FT version while running AL, that's what's borking your pregnancy relations stuff. Get the new AL version from Simbology and Try For Baby should reappear.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 12:52:26 am »

yeah it should but like I mentioned also the flavor paks be sure to read what your actually keeping because one of them actually takes that option away. I know I used to have it in and would get them pregnant by other means. But then I actually read what they all did and yep it fixed that problem for me. not sure what one it is but it says it in the descriptions of each one what they actually do.

tanis191798

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 09:25:51 am »

i tryed tacking inteen off it didn't woke!But try for baby shows up on the water bed,whats up with that?
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 04:12:10 pm »

do you have this flavor pack in if not I am not sure  most likely what one of the other's suggested I just know this was the case for me?
InTeenimater_FlavorPak_Silent Pregnancy (courtesy of Syberspunk): Disables the chime when any sim (teen or adult) becomes pregnant.  Additionally, this pak  removes all Try for Baby menus.  Pregnancy is only possible through unprotected WooHoo.

jerryking
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 04:15:26 pm »

I had the same problem. The Closer Family hack at sexysims2 was the cause. It disabled the pie menu to Try For Baby but I could use the Insimenator to get the teen pregnant. Also make sure you have the proper flavor pack using Inteen as one of them disables the Try for Baby pie menu. Read your Inteen flavor pack documentation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: