Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 08:36:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashes  (Read 1778 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PrincessTalli

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:38:31 pm »

I play the game for about 10 minutes and then all of a sudden i get 'the application has crashed the application will now terminate' and the game closes down its happened when i've been doing different things so i dont think its a specific object that causes it but its always after about 10 minutes i add custom content practically every day but i date the folders and i took out the last added cc since it started crashing so i dont think its that but i dont know. any ideas? do u think its the game or my computer? apreciate any help i miss my sims  Embarrassed

i've got the sims sims ofb pets nl uni and glamour life packs but i've had them all for ages working fine.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 06:05:59 pm »

First thing to try is this (perfectly safe; the game will auto-create new versions of these particular files if it needs them):

Go to My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2

Delete these files (if any of them aren't there to delete, don't worry. That is perfectly normal):

groups.cache
cigen.package
accessory.cache
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 07:58:22 pm »

Also, if you want us to tell you if it's your computer, you'll need to post your specs Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
PrincessTalli

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 05:40:15 pm »

stupid question but whats specs and how do i find them? thanks x
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 05:51:26 pm »

Ummm...your RAM, how much space is on your hard drive, your processor speed what video card you have...

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:06 pm »

I play the game for about 10 minutes and then all of a sudden i get 'the application has crashed the application will now terminate' and the game closes down its happened when i've been doing different things so i dont think its a specific object that causes it but its always after about 10 minutes i add custom content practically every day but i date the folders and i took out the last added cc since it started crashing so i dont think its that but i dont know. any ideas? do u think its the game or my computer? apreciate any help i miss my sims  Embarrassed

i've got the sims sims ofb pets nl uni and glamour life packs but i've had them all for ages working fine.

Were you playing the game in windowed mode and doing other things at the same time such as having a browser open to surf the Internet and the like?

It sounded like you ran out of memory playing the game. Sometimes rebooting the computer will do the trick to clear out the memory and make it available again for your game or other applications.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 08:30:54 pm »

You can find the specs of your computer this way:

right click on My Computer icon on your desktop

Right on the front of the box that pops up is this info:

The Operating System
Your microprocessor
the amount of RAM you have installed (too little can cause problems)

Now choose properties
choose the Hardware tab
choose Device Manager
YOu will see a list of components of your computer
choose the + next to display adapters to expand it
you will see what video card you are using

now double click My Computer and click on your drive and you can see how much free space you have left in your storage memory. If it is really low it can also cause problems.

put that all that info in a post so the moderators can see if your computer is your problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: