Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 09:54:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Family Trees  (Read 2235 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tesphen

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2009, 03:43:59 pm »

Hi!

My family tree is a little messed up and I need a way to correct this. I downloaded the InSimenator but don't know how to make it work. Anyone got any alternatives?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 04:53:14 pm »

Sim Blender does a better job setting the relationships than the original Insimenator do.

But Simbology is down for the moment, being moved to a new server. So wait until tomorrow or Tuesday to go grab Sim Blender. Read the documentation thoroughly to use Sim Blender before you install it.

If you can't wait any longer, you need to go into Buy Mode.../Electronics.../All... (Infinity symbol) and pick up what looks like a blue potted Bonsai plant. That's the model you need to fix the relationships with, BUT Insimenator doesn't set relationships between Sims as uncles, aunts, cousins like the Sim Blender do.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Tesphen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 06:13:04 pm »

Thanks a bunch. Smiley

I'd really like to use the insiminator, but I'm not sure what to do with it once it's been unzipped. Am I allowed to be told?
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 06:41:13 pm »

after unzipping it, put the package file in Downloads folder. I make a subfolder called Insimenator and stick it in there. Easier to find.
Tesphen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 07:18:17 pm »

Thanks, for the quick replies. You guys are great! Grin
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 09:16:13 am »

amc - I've tried putting the Insimenator in a subfolder and it won't work. Is it because the subfolder is called "Insimenator"?

Do you think that would work with the Inteenimator, too?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 10:02:16 am »

kinnika - I don't think so.  weird. that is what I have mine named and it works fine. I even have it in a folder within a subfolder (hacks).  You have no problem with subfolders with other stuff?  and when I had inteen, I had it in a subfolder and the game had no problem seeing it either.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 12:04:14 pm »

Well, I have all my hacks and mods in subfolders and have been fine with them being at least 6 subfolders deep. However, I tried placing my Inteen and Insim in there, and they don't work.

So, I have all my subfolders (Buy, Build, etc) in my Downloads folder, along with the Inteen and Insim files. Not mentioning things that can't be in subfolders like my censor and CEP, and my Christianlov skin changer (which has never worked).

I could try to subfolder my Insim again, though. I don't know why it would work in a subfolder with the name changed, but I'll try it anyway. That would be great if it worked. One less stray file in my Downloads folder.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: