Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 09:41:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teens and Young Adults glitching  (Read 1150 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fireflyastori

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »

My teens and young adults have been glitching.

Explanation:

I had this happen rarely with a teen or two in a particular lot. I assumed it was just some weird thing because they technically shouldn't have been there. (Had a wedding and accidentally brought over some nephews living in the same house instead of the kids and then couldn't bring the mom over because there were too many people in the house at that point.) As soon as I made them do something like use the restroom or fix a meal, it would stop and I just assumed it was some fluke.

However, I sent a few kids to college and I'm having the problems, not twicefold... more like tenfold. To the point that I can't play the game.

I sent eight teens from Pleasantview to Sims State. I didn't send them to a dorm, but a lot I made so I could customize their housing. When they got there, they didn't turn into young adults. They just hung out in front of the house socializing for a long time. When I selected them in the pie menu, there was no option to grow them up. So I brought out the Temporal Adjuster from inSim. I aged them to young adult. First, they turned into adults with a life bar that was half over. Only after that did they turn into Young Adults. That's when the fun began...

They would stand still for a minute and then sort of disappear for half a second and reappear in a different position. Their preview face (the one next to their want panel) would be in a different position. I would tell them to do something and they would walk two to three steps before they "refreshed" again, flickering again and their action icon (I have no idea what to call it... the thing that says like "Eat" or "Use" or "Tell A Joke" with the little preview image of what their eating, what they're using, or who they're telling a joke to) disappeared. If I had multiple actions lined up, they would all disappear when the sim would refresh. So if I tell them to use the restroom, it would take me six tries to even get them to the restroom because they would continually refresh. If they would be doing homework, writing a term paper, or sitting down for any other reason, they would suddenly appear standing beside the desk or table. They would stop going to class halfway across the room. They couldn't go to the restroom. They couldn't do their homework. They would constantly set things on fire because they would leave them halfway through cooking.

I've tried reversing their aging, like as soon as I saw them glitching and refreshing I would return them to teen and try aging them to young adult again. It keeps happening and I want to tear my hair out and cry.

None of these sims are pregnant or married. All of them were aged naturally other than aging them to young adult. I've sent other sims to college at Sim State without this problem.

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING??
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 07:32:45 pm »

hack conflicts? have you tried removing your downloads and see if they act normally without cc?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:48:19 pm »

Sounds like it could be an outdated version of Inteen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: