Insimenator.org
May 10, 2024, 12:58:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Multiple Glitches  (Read 3208 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
glorified_g

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2009, 01:35:12 am »

Hi guys. Since this is such a weird series of problems I'm going to put as much detail into this post as possible to provide the most amount of information.

Okay, so after hearing about some of the more lacklustre features on Sims 3 (like no custom content from what I've read, but that's another issue entirely) I decided to reinstall my Sims 2 game. Now, I had lost all of my Sims 2 data when I had my laptop reformatted, except the downloads folder, which I backed up. Given that this was in December and I hadn't played since like August, I didn't really care. I wanted to start fresh anyway, so I reinstalled and put the downloads folder back and went crazy in Body Shop. I mean I've spent weeks and weeks working on my Sims, so it's really upsetting about what's happened next.

First I couldn't get any families to load, and had odd glitches when making one family with kids. The kids didn't move, didn't animate, and when I went to make a second kid, the first kid was sitting in the spot too, creating sort of an overlap. I remembered then that my hacks are for Nightlife (inSim being the most significant hack) and I only had the base game running (trying to conserve memory space on this old laptop), so I installed that. Suddenly I could load families. Okay, great. I moved the two families that hadn't glitched on me into homes and furnished them.

Then, today, I went back to move in the family that did glitch up when I made them in CAS, but seemed alright besides that. Twenty or thirty minutes go by (I don't know how long exactly, I was reading) and nothing, still loading. Since I was moving them to an empty lot to give them more money for a bigger house, I found this odd and I quit (aka ctrl+alt+deleted) the game. My next idea was that the family was corrupted, that perhaps the game wouldn't realize for this family that I'd updated the expansion or whatever, so I deleted them.

I go into CAS, and this is where it gets really weird. The random Sim that CAS gives you is standing way back behind the mirror (I print-screened and graciously it worked, so check out the attachment to see what I mean). I thought that was weird, but considering my CAS glitches already and how I had worked through them, I clicked on. The music skips, the game crashes, I'm back to my desktop. Pissed but not completely deterred, I try again, figuring it could just be a hoax. Again, CAS dude way at the back of the screen. Whatever. I tried loading my pre-made Sim, tried naming him, but the minute I went in to customise his face or outfit, the game crashes again!

I really have NO idea what could be causing this. I have never experienced so much glitchiness all at once ever. This is by no means a new computer, and since I've gotten the game working from the other night to this one, I haven't downloaded a single thing. I have all my custom content enabled, and it's never given me a hard time before. Afterall, the game worked just the other night, but it won't work now.

Can anyone give me some help on this? I can't make anymore Sims in-game, and it's SUCH a bummer considering I've been working all month on all my Sims...Sad

Thanks.

Edit to mention that I only have the base game and Nightlife installed.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:32:21 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

I make outfits for my musician Sims! Check them out! Smiley
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 03:39:12 am »

While you only have Base Game and Nightlife installed, you have mods also.  The problem is in those mods.  Pull them out ans see how things go.
glorified_g

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 02:30:05 pm »

Mods as in what exactly? Any mods I have installed have been in my downloads folder for a long time and have never given me problems before, so I'm a bit confused how this could be effecting me now...

Edit- I went through my downloads folder and realize I have two different versions of inSim installed, the dest version and the sim version. Could that be it?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:51:01 pm by glorified_g » Logged

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 03:31:18 pm »

yes it could be the problem.  Please remove one and then fire up your game again and see if it is ok.
glorified_g

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:06:32 pm »

I deleted the dest version and now when I put the game in, it loads the Nightlife logo but won't start. :/

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 04:39:11 pm »

Start by making sure the mods you have are compatible with your game.

Run Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility (www.simwardrobe.com).

If you've ever downloaded any lots, use Clean Installer (MTS2) to scan your Downloads folder to see if you have files with no type that have 32 hexadecimal character names (0-9, a-f).  If you can't identify them, they may be mods installed with the lot and causing problems now.

If you still have problems, you'll need to do a binary search of your mods to find which ones are giving you problems.
glorified_g

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:04 pm »

The hack detector picked up 37 things (lol no wonder the game isn't working)...what now?

Edit...I cleared out the cache and the cigen files and also deleted all my inTeen stuff because I don't need it anymore. Though the game loaded really slowly and really weird (It started sorta, but I saw the blue screen and the regular mouse cursor, so I hit ctrl+alt+del, had to type in my computer's password and when the computer reloaded the game started up), it worked! Better yet, CAS seemed back to normal, though I didn't really play with it, I just wanted to see it. The Sim was back in the right place in front of the mirror. Smiley

So yeah, it may be fixed. Thanks for all who helped. I'll see what happens later on if I try making a family.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:32:35 pm by glorified_g » Logged

Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 08:37:11 am »

The hack detector picked up 37 things (lol no wonder the game isn't working)...what now?

This means you have 2 Files that conflict with each other. For each of you 37 entrys listed. scan through you might find one or 2 listing the same files remove one file for each entry then run hack confliction Utility agan. Once it lists None try your game!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 10:11:55 am »

Edit...I cleared out the cache and the cigen files and also deleted all my inTeen stuff because I don't need it anymore. Though the game loaded really slowly...

The game will load slowly the first time you run it after you delete cache and cigen files. That's normal, but don't worry. It's just taking a bit of extra time to generate clean copies of those files. Smiley 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 05:17:50 am »

what expansions do you have? your problem could be outdated hacks, if you installed any new expansion packs. it either looks like hack conflicts, or outdated hacks to me. they can really bork your game, speaking from past experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: