Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 04:25:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the game keeps minamizing to the desktop  (Read 1627 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nekotlc

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2009, 12:16:40 am »

on my laptop my game has a nasty habbit of minamizing to the desktop without me touching a button. It eill do this alot and I don't know why my laptop can handle the sims 2 ram wise, and I'm not sure what is causing it to minamize to the desktop. how do I stop it from doing that?
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 12:34:40 am »

on my laptop my game has a nasty habbit of minamizing to the desktop without me touching a button. It eill do this alot and I don't know why my laptop can handle the sims 2 ram wise, and I'm not sure what is causing it to minamize to the desktop. how do I stop it from doing that?

Some items in your System Tray can minimize a full screen application if there is a change.  Anti-virus and Firewalls come to mind...  These usually have an option you can get to from the System Tray icon that turns on a "game mode" that prevents just that problem.  One thing that I've been doing to counter that and other problems (I have dual monitors) is to run Sims in a window rather than full screen.  To do this, right click on the Sims icon and click on Properties in the pop-up window.  Then click in the Target box and press the end button.  After the end quote, add -w after a single space.  Mine looks like this (I skip the freaking launcher...):
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSBin\Sims2EP8.exe" -w
Once you are in the game, you can change the screen resolution to adjust the size of the window to suit your preferences.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
nekotlc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 01:05:24 am »

Tanks for your help,the problem was Nortan 360's firewall I fixed the settings and now it dosen't cuase my game to minamize. I should have knon it was Nortan, in the past it has tried to block the sims 2 when I tried to run it!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 05:08:10 am »

laptops are a pain in the ass to play the sims, or any game on really.
it's good you solved your problem though, if you have any problems in the future, let me advise you to use an actual computer for your games. Smiley
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 09:13:41 am »

Tanks for your help,the problem was Nortan 360's firewall I fixed the settings and now it dosen't cuase my game to minamize. I should have knon it was Nortan, in the past it has tried to block the sims 2 when I tried to run it!

Good to hear that solved your problem.  I personally use ZoneAlarm free firewall.  All the software I use for protection is free...

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: