Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 12:10:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Someone Please Tell Me If Sims Can Live Downtown?  (Read 2212 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2009, 03:10:04 am »

Like the title says, I was wondering if I could move my sims in the downtown locations in NightLife? like when the game asks you to make a downtown can you place residential lots in 'Downtown' and have your sim live there and visit community lots while they are living there? I was just wondering about this thanks for helping me out Grin
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 03:30:13 am »

Yes.

If you actually look at the Maxis Downtown after you attach it there are already residential lots there.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:38:58 am »

Oh really? I never messed around with the Downtowns as they slow my game down tremendiously..(yesh my sims are hermits tongue) lol so they never get to experience the 'NightLife' but thank you for informing me Engram, now I can see if I can download that Downtown Neighborhood type download dmsim78 made on MTS2 until someone can make me a nice City-ish type neighborhood as per request in the "requests" section, have a good night Engram Wink and thanks again
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 06:32:14 am »

There is one thing you can do, if you want to skip the nightlife downtown-if you want to put the houses and other buildings into your main hood, you can generate a downtown, take out which houses and buildings you want, then pop them into the lot bin.
That way you can put them into your main hood and not have to use the downtown to have your simmies experience the "nightlife."

As a matter of fact, once you have those buildings into your main hood, you can delete (from outside the game) the downtown neighborhood. That doesn't harm the game, and you can always regenerate the hood when you want it.

saowens
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:54:45 am »

Just make sure the lots you put in the bin are not occupied. Moving occupied lots to a different hood can cause your game to blow up in a huge flaming ball visible from space. ;-)
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 10:12:54 pm »

I actually have been working on that downtown neighborhood for a couple of days now so I think I'm going to go ahead and keep it and since it is a sub neighborhood/downtown from Belladonna Cove (which is really slow anyway by default) I don't want to wait ages for the screen to bring up downtown and then generate the lot when I am in downtown, instead I'll just live in downtown and go to whatever community lot while I'm already in downtown, does that make sense? huh lol anyway I just about borked my downtown by trying to change the folder name to a new name instead of 'DimSim78's decorated downtown' Undecided and when I changed the name of the folder my downtown dissapeared so I had to get back on the net download the file again and rename it the way she had it, which sucks because my downtown is called        ^ and it came back up when I did that and I asked in the WCIF section where I could find some stuff for my downtown but I guess no-one knows or isn't interested in helping Lips Sealed anyway if anyone knows how I can change the downtown name to something else please do help, I have successfully changed a
neighborhood name through SimPE but am stumped on how to change a downtowns name..?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 12:09:39 am »

I think the folders have to remain named as they're generated by the game, and to change it would bork your game totally because the game doesn't read it as a valid folder.
I've done this myself-and found that if you keep the name intact, it won't disappear.

The only real way to change the "name" of a folder I think is to renumber it outside and inside the file using a file renumbering program-although if you have EP's, there might be another way-but I haven't heard of it.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 12:42:38 am »

Well I thought that I could change the folder and change the downtowns name because DimSim78 said when in her download description that when the downtown loads there would be an option to change the downtowns name like any other neighborhood BUT that didnt happen it just went straight to the downtown/neighborhood view and all it said was welcome to DimSim78's Decorated Dowontown! lmao tongue again I guess I'll just have to live with it huh lol! thanks for the help MaryH
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: