Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 04:26:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple question  (Read 1144 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
saowens
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:39:25 am »

I remember there being a way to have information about an item in buy and build mode pop up when you put your mouse over the item but for the life of me I can't remember if it was a mod or a setting in the game. I'm trying to find one item in my download folder on an old pc so I can put it in my new one.

Thanks!!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 05:12:26 am »

are you talking about information in build and buy mode popping up in the game?
your downloads folder is viewed outside of your game, so unless you can find the file in your downloads file by doing a search, you're not going to be able to find the file any other way.
saowens
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:34:21 am »

Thanks for answering JacobM but I found what I was looking for. Actually there is a way to do it in the game. You turn on testing cheats and then click on the object and then put your mouse pointer over the icon in the object description panel. That will pop up all the information about the item like object file name, subset and object Guid. I believe the information it displays is dependent on how much information the creator put in the object during creation though.

With that information you can find the object in the download folder by using Windows search instead of going on an individual file name hunt.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 11:39:36 am by Zordac » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: