Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 10:35:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant get game started  (Read 2184 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sims2Junkie1984

Im I Going Mad, Crazy, or Nuts??? You Decide!!!

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:06:53 am »

I had to reinstall my sims2 recently but I start to play it and it crashes on me when its starting to load for no reason at all! What can I do to fix this problem? huh

Up! Down! Up! When Im up down touch the ground it puts me in the mood. Up, down touch the ground in the mood *smacks lips twice* for food. *giggles* I am stout, round and I have found speaking poundage wise, I improve my appitite when I exersize.

~ Pooh Bear
Sims2Junkie1984

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:08:01 am »

Yes I have gotten all the updates.

Up! Down! Up! When Im up down touch the ground it puts me in the mood. Up, down touch the ground in the mood *smacks lips twice* for food. *giggles* I am stout, round and I have found speaking poundage wise, I improve my appitite when I exersize.

~ Pooh Bear
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:34:30 am »

Do you have any CC? If so that sometimes causes the game to crash if the CC is not compatible with the game you have.
Have you updated your drivers? Do you have enough memory to run the game?

saowens
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 06:50:18 am »

Sometimes custom content requires we edit the stairs or fireplace text files in the game. The cc also needs CEP installed. Maybe you have some custom fireplaces or stairs that the game is having trouble with or it could be any cc really causing it.

I recommend that you do a binary search of your download folder. Start the game with no custom content. If it starts ok then put half of the cc back and see what happens.

Just keep adding half of the remaining cc until it crashes again. That should help you narrow down the culprit.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 03:57:33 pm »

Also, if any of these files are in your My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 folder, delete them (perfectly safe; the game will auto-generate new ones if it needs them):

groups.cache
cigen.package
accessory.cache

If doing that doesn't stop the crash, then it is almost surely caused by incompatible, outdated or conflicting custom content.
Sims2Junkie1984

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 03:16:08 am »

Do you have any CC? If so that sometimes causes the game to crash if the CC is not compatible with the game you have.
Have you updated your drivers? Do you have enough memory to run the game?

answers in order: No. Yes & Yes

~ Pooh Bear
Sims2Junkie1984

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 03:18:01 am »

its a brand new laptop i think im just gonna take it back to the store and have them fix it cuz im getting a crittacal driver wont start error message. ty for all the help!

~ Pooh Bear
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: