Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 10:03:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 89933 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2009, 11:03:26 pm »

I think perhaps when EA see how many sales there ultimately going to loose on this upcoming sequel, that they will all scurry back to their holes and come up with a program that can be utilized to create open source CC. I do believe that once the intial novelty/shinyness wears off for most people that they will dump the game for TS2. Sorry EA but no-one wants to dish out 20$ for your crappy shit! Wink

I'll probably enjoy it for atleast a month before I get tired of it though, so...
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2009, 11:12:25 pm »

That's the problem, SimGirl...they won't. Not for a long time, anyway. Because despite the fact that it's a stupid way of distributing content in general, there are still people out there who will drop buckets of cash in EA's lap. The only way EA renigs on it is if it fails completely. And from numbers alone, it won't. It WILL fail, but EA will still turn some sort of profit. That's the bad part. Because you still have so many fanboys and girls out there that will buy into the crap EA's trying to pull. But I do agree that as a whole, the shelf life of TS3 will be shortlived unless EA reworks well...everything. The DRM, The CC issue, the encrypted close sourced coding, the works. But EA will remain steadfast in what they have set up. Let's face it, folks. We're not the people EA cares about. It's the people on their site they cater to. The mindless flock of sheep they've amassed over the years. The people with brains in there heads they could care less about. In the end, they'll see the folly of their ways. The problem is that end ain't comin' no time soon.

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2009, 11:24:11 pm »

The problem is that end ain't comin' no time soon.

You are right about that. Too much dollars to be made, and they will get it.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2009, 11:36:58 pm »

Thats a sad, sad outlook on buisness wouldn't you agree? I can't believe EA could be so selfish, I HATE Grant Rodeik he just radiates d--k head when you look at him, and you can just tell that no one on the EA team are passionate about the game. Maxis is whom made the game such a nice fun to play game. The community is what has kept TS2 franchise alive for so long, do you actually think 100 million people would have spent their money on EA's half assed handy work they call custom content if it weren't for Bruno, Enayla, Peggy,Squinge,& Bloom amoungst many many many more?! hell to the no they would not tongue

So yes ahem ladies and gentleman this game is going to die a fast death if EA doesn't come up with a better battle plan as far as CC goes, because not having CC made by your favorite creators is NOT going to go over well for most if not all the community when the reality of it all starts sinking in...
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2009, 11:57:58 pm »

You would think that EA would take such things into consideration, but keep this in mind people. EA isn't like say, Blizzard Entertainment, or Rockstar, or Namco. All of which are regarded as elite game developers as well. What those companies have that EA doesn't is a "soul". The CEOs and decision makers for those companies all share one common fiber, they're all gamers. Whereas the people who run EA you'd be surprised if they've ever even picked up a controller. You can tell when a developer is passionate about their release. Like how Cliffy B rants and raves about Gears Of War. The game is his baby. He loves it like it was his child, so he makes damn sure that he and everyone on his staff make it exactly what the people want, because at the end of the day, it's the same thing they want. Not so much the case in EA's case, and that's not just TS3, that's across the board. From TS3, to Spore, To NFS: Undercover...all games that EA said were going to be awesome and godly. Yet Spore tanked, and NFS: Undercover tanked so bad that the development house that made it EA Black Box got dismantled and it's developers absorbed into other development houses. That's bad. Especially when you're supposed to be one of the big 3 game developers in the world along with Konami and Square/Enix. Yet those two companies, namely Square/Enix churn out gaming GOLD MINES year after year. EA's only saving grace is that they have the EA Sports line of games, the only games they actually seem to get right. All of their other releases over the last 4 years outside of TS2 EPs and SPs have bombed worst then the 1st night of Operation Desert Storm. And why is that? Because rather then pay attention to what the gaming public wants, they'd rather make games that they think people will like, so that they can market them to the casual gamer. While the companies that focus on marketing to the hardcore gamer are the ones making the major money. Maybe EA needs to stop trying to the Video Game version of Disney and start making good games again. Yea...that'll be the day.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2009, 12:12:52 am »

Toy store, that's the first thing that comes to my head whenever I see sims 3. They should stop bugging us adults with this thing and sell it in toy shops. Give us back the sims please EA.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2009, 01:32:49 am »

I agree kaoz666. I actually was telling my boyfriend, today while playing RE5 that CAPCOM never fails me with their games. I loved all of Capcoms games and ALL of the Silent Hills by Konami so yeah EA suck as a company intent on making games and it is clear they don't give a damn about the consumer, if they did then they would actually pay more attention to us instead of just blowing us off! I mean c'mon do you really think EA gave a damn about any of those creators they invited to their ranch during the Creator Camp? umm no! they were only worried about seeing how much those creators could make for them so they could ultimatley sell it at Sims Store angry Greeeed! I hate people like that, they make me sick to my stomach. I have never been concerned about money, and I would give you my last bite to eat if you were hungry, and the shirt off my back if you were cold. I can't see how the people at EA can look at themselves in the mirror when they have royally screwed so many people over...ugh
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2009, 01:23:12 pm »

Ahem! have you SEEN the crappy graphics? They are not even worty of custom content. While it's okay to not have to put up with hideous colors, the hideousness of the objects make up for that. But this means something else entirely: it's simply not possible, to have things like the beautiful Enayla skins (one of my favorite mods), because the skins are not graphics files anymore, but simply a color tone you can choose. No details. So not even a point in waiting for a de-censor, because they are barbies and they'll stay barbies. The "details" of the barbies' skins, like hints of muscle and such are so blurry, you rather see them in overalls up to over their heads.
The clothes details are equally bad. Or shall I say nonexistent. Everything you look at closely is blurry and ugly.
No custom meshes possible.
No exchanging of files from one user to another or even to the other computer in the same room.
No exchanging of sims.
It's back to a children's game. The very little ones - no offense intended to those of us who retain their inner child, I'm one of those myself.

I am sorry for the off topic-ness of my post, but I'm responding to posts, mainly those of SimGirl20. Again, no offense, but you still seem to cling on to the belief in some good in EA, but some time this belief is going to be shattered and it's rather before you give them their money (if you'll buy and play for a month and then go back to Sims2, they will still have your money). I really wanted to buy, but after I tested it, I think it is a slap in the face of a lot of brilliant modders with brilliant ideas, which were taken and implemented in the new game, as long as they suited them. And the other kind of mods, the ones they didn't like, they still used to a degree, so they knew how to prevent them from happening again. It's shameful and for me, EA commited their last big sin, I won't ever even consider to buy one of their games now. Everything I tried out in the last years disappointed me and this tops it off. Their games went from bad to worse and the money didn't go into developing, but into stupid DRM (yes, it's expensive!). And if anyone still thinks, this is a beta and the gold version will be completely different as in acceptable graphics and doable cc, wake up.

Sorry again, I'm off now to mourn the end of an era silently. Wink
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2009, 03:35:03 pm »

If the skintones are procedureal maps and/or shaders then yes we're pretty much screwed for skintones. The blurry details are probably because of such a low texture resolution.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2009, 03:55:26 pm »

PS: Yes, my graphics details are on highest settings.

And though the graphics are blurry, without detail and overall bad (I often read cartoonish, that describes it well), it pushes my gpu to get very hot instantly. No idea why, probably bad programming, not that that would be anything new for the Sims. That's why we need modders. Cheesy

And the game increases brightness of the overlay when it starts (that's probably why people have trouble with dark screenshots). Haven't found a way to prohibit that yet. That might be a minor issue that might be fixed in the final release, but I bet the general issues with the game will be the same.

Mhhh... an evil thought just crossend my mind when I thought about modders... do you suppose they'll offer bugfixes and useful gameplay tweaks for money in their lovely shop, too? Evil
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2009, 09:44:27 pm »

Excuse me, Wednesday17 but I like everyone else on this forum have a right to their opinion. Do not tell me how and what to believe because you will likely loose the battle. If I want to believe the leaked version out on the net is a beta then that is my preogative correct? If I want to bahh like all the other flock of sheep EA is herding toward the game then I will. I don't think I will be wasting my money, come the 2nd because I planned on buying the game ANYWAY to complete my Sims collection, so thank you for telling me how to not spend my money Wink
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2009, 09:47:40 pm »

In my opinion i also belive that the leek version is a beta version and anyway my mind was made up since november 2008 to buy the sims3 collector 's edition.

Pierre Wink Lips Sealed

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2009, 10:27:23 pm »

Thanks Pierre, I think everyone shouldn't be so judgemental about the game when the real one hasn't even released yet. I do believe the game can be a nice experience if EA allow open source CC like they did in TS2. Do they not see that CC is what has kept the franchise alive for so long? Are they really that stupid to not allow the community to be creative and create their own content for their game, that they shelled out 50-70$ for? I also think the game will get better as time goes on and more EP and Sp's come out for it to fill it out. If you don't want to buy the game right now and continue with your TS2 game, then thats your choice but I don't think you who will not ever get it should feel the need to bash others who have high hopes for it tongue
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2009, 10:35:42 pm »

i agree with you my friend and there is 2 things that distinguish a beta version from a complete version

Beta version equals an incomplete version of the game and made and package for testing

and a complete version go through packaging and final shipping as well as printing the manuals for the game.

and the choice to buy the game or not is a personal choice as well tongue

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Alotta Paine X2

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2009, 10:42:54 pm »

Enough please. Beta not beta, beta not beta. Let's wait until the 2nd. Then we will see who is right. Yes you have your opinion, but I keep seeing the same thing over and over on different threads. It's a no win situation. Torrent it, buy it, curse it, Love it. Who cares. Enough about  the BETA! Now that's my opinion.

You are dominant, vain, and a bit of a show off. To know you is to worship you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: