Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 12:17:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 DRM!  (Read 89971 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 01:20:59 pm »

Thank you sir for sticking a dagger in the neck and raking it across the throat of the DRM issue of TS3.
Daggers are for wimps. I prefer chainsaws. LAZOR-powered chainsaws.

Duly noted. High powered Lazer Chainsaws it is. Cheesy And Paden, I know your pain. Lord knows I've been catching heat from people in this section from "Stirring up" the fact that there's no way they could have developed some other form of DRM coding in just a year to replace Securom, as well as the shortcomings in Gameplay the game will have, as is also noted in Pescado's link. I completely agree with you on the sheep comment. It's those sheep that EA make their money off of. Problem is there seems to be more of them in the world then people with brains. There's a little saying I made as such that it fits perfectly here...

"Common sense isn't common at all."

So enjoy The Sims 3, and the shoddy gameplay and Malware that comes with it those who still plan on buying it. Hope that works out for ya'. Wink

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 01:38:09 pm »

Problem is there seems to be more of them in the world then people with brains. There's a little saying I made as such that it fits perfectly here...

I'm not that sure about the sheeps. It's mainly the children, who will be the main audience. Not only will there be a fair share of them pestering their parents into buying, but parents will also decide that this is the right game for their kids to play.

I think that's more than enough money to be made by EA. Even more so, since they probably have their first expansion already on the starting grit for Christman sales.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 01:47:09 pm »

You're absolutely correct. And in them doing that they've completely alienated they "Mature" users of the game. No importing of custom meshes, no open source modding. Just a drab, dull, vanilla game. And I like my games with a lil' more flava' to them. Then you slap on Securom and you have another mistake to be released by EA that will pull big numbers anyway because of the "Sheepish" people as well as the people you pointed out, the parents that will by the game for their pre-teens, only to have it eventually collect dust cuz they'd rather play a console game like Halo 3 or Street Fighter 4. They'll get decent numbers, no bones about it. But in comparison to the releases of TS1 and TS2, TS3 is going to be a marginal failure. Not in the overall stance, but compared to other games that will be released soon, it's not going to even come close to some of their numbers.

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 02:00:04 pm »

You're absolutely correct. And in them doing that they've completely alienated they "Mature" users of the game.

Alienating the customers is the big gig these last few years. It's certainly not an EA speciality. Bethesda did it with Oblivion, Molyneux did it with the movies and these are only the most prominent examples. Game producing is more like a hit and run than a serious business nowadays. Half baked products are thrown on the market to make the customers pay for the patches which make the manure playable.

But I think it's not only a business decision to prevent modding. They simply have their pants full. The US market is still the biggest market there is. And one of the big plagues of that market are the influencal parental and religious pressure groups making it their business to stick their noses into each and everything.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 04:26:44 pm »

hello everyone.

here is something that i just read on another site so i am quoting the info here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesi (Blackpearl sims2 site admin)
I'm just reading comments on a site that's its available on and it does seem that it's not the "real" version, as in it's not complete, extremely buggy and crashing and everyone who has downloaded it is saying it doesn't appear to be complete and looks to be a leaked older version, so there is hope yet that the official release won't have SecuROM.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 05:12:23 pm »

This is EA we're talking about. Do YOU trust them? I sure in the BLEEP don't.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 05:31:09 pm »

The way I read it, the copy is legit. The game is being shipped to retail outlets at the moment ready for a simultaneous release in early June. Someone jumped the gun.
EA. must be going ballistic at the moment because all the shortcomings of the game are now being revealed before a couple of million copies hit the streets and can in turn be picked apart by the critics.
Somebody please tell me that this will mean the end of EA.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 07:06:16 pm »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesi (Blackpearl sims2 site admin)
I'm just reading comments on a site that's its available on and it does seem that it's not the "real" version, as in it's not complete, extremely buggy and crashing and everyone who has downloaded it is saying it doesn't appear to be complete and looks to be a leaked older version, so there is hope yet that the official release won't have SecuROM.
That's the Pollyannas at work. The fact of the matter is that the game is "Gold", meaning complete. The scene releasers typically do not package prerelease items as the real deal. As for buggy and crashing, I can't say I've encountered this, and there are a few issues with the install: At least one of the available rips contains malware, but it is not known whether this was inserted by third-party repackagers, or EAxis.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2009, 07:10:14 pm »

Thanks so much for the warning Pescado. Now that solidified my resolve not to buy it. I sort of knew Humble was lying, I had to wait and see.  Star Wars

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 07:30:01 pm »

Reading through various gaming sites on this subject, a lot of the comments are on the subject of EA. deliberately releasing the thing, 1 as a publicity stunt to generate more interest in the game and ultimately boost sales and 2 to give them an excuse to include even more draconian drm.
Very few of them touched on the obvious. That someone has taken a piccy. of EA. doing something naughty and posted it on the web for the whole world to see.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 10:15:13 pm »

for some reason I can't shake the feeling that the game that has been leaked is indeed incomplete and could be an older version that EA was previously going to release that DID include SecuROM but I dont know I might just be being really gullible..but I just can't trust a leaked game and if there is SecuROM in this copy then I believe that would be considered a digital download that EA confirmed SecuROM WOULD be included so I just don't know how to feel right now...I want the game realllyy bad and perhaps if this is the version to be released in June that has been leaked couldn't we all pay midfigr a visit over at The P.r.i.s.m. and download his automated SecuROM removal tool and just nuke it if it does include the DRM? Sad
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2009, 11:00:04 pm »

If Mr.Pescado says it's the real deal then it's the real deal.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 11:09:38 pm »

I do not condone illegal pirating of software, so I cannot and will not trust this information until I see it with my own eyes, I am almost certain that the leaked version is one that EA intended on releasing before the March announcement to the community by Rod Humble so I think the ones who are experiencing the said DRM is likely the ones who cracked a beta copy but hey its my word against yours so what does my 2 cents mean to any of you, you'll either get it or you wont

simple as that. tongue
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 11:26:45 pm »

I do not condone illegal pirating of software, so I cannot and will not trust this information until I see it with my own eyes, I am almost certain that the leaked version is one that EA intended on releasing before the March announcement to the community by Rod Humble so I think the ones who are experiencing the said DRM is likely the ones who cracked a beta copy but hey its my word against yours so what does my 2 cents mean to any of you, you'll either get it or you wont

simple as that. tongue

In my case its the same for me and in my opinion the version mention must of been a beta copy meant for testing and not the actual version. huh

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2009, 12:04:10 am »

Basically, the moral of the story is don't download it now. DO NOT WANT.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: