Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 01:00:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: BE AWARE! What TSR *really* do with your account details...  (Read 47054 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
saowens
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2009, 04:09:37 pm »

Sounds to me like they are circling the wagons over there. This could get a whole lot uglier very soon.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2009, 04:28:33 pm »

I agree. That writing had a smell of open hostility all over it, no matter how full of *** is was. It's just shame if things turn really ugly, because it could cause a lot of damage in the Sims 2 communities. Undecided

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2009, 05:17:12 pm »

Don't worry, the balloon of propaganda will pop soon and it won't be a positive experience for the ones in the wrong.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2009, 05:28:22 pm »

You wanna know what I read in that entire entry folks? Excuses. If they are as innocent as they say, why go through the motions of a 10 part passage basically saying "It wasn't me"? All they did was essentially blow off the incident as being "something that happens, oh well". Damn the fact that a member's info was raided. Damn the fact that this all stems from a TSR member stealing an MTS2 member's content, altering it, and claiming it as their own. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that against the rules? How come we haven't heard anything about action being taken against this person, hmm? The more and more I read, the more I sorely begin to not only distrust anything TSR brass has to say, but how they handle situations of adversity. The passage as a whole had a very "Grade School" feel to it. It was insincere and had as Sierra said just a hint of hostility, with a whole "holier then thou" bravado to it.. Like I said in my last post, I take what they say for face value. They didn't at all sound like they wanted to find a solution, they just wanted to point out their potential innocence, and fire back at those firing at them. Animosity breeds Animosity, and in the end the community as a whole is going to suffer because some people can't get their egos in check.

And as far as the IP masking, I figured that out days ago. No smart hacker is going to do their "Work" on their actual IP. But here's one for you...if they new of this infamous IP that was used months ahead of time, why didn't they flag it? Isn't it kinda strange so many users using the same IP? Who's to say the culprit hasn't been accessing other people's accounts as well? The more and more I hear, the more it makes absolutely no damn sense. Someone is lieing, or leaving out a very key piece of the puzzle. And that's either for two reasons...

A. Know one knows how the hell it happens, which proves their ineptitude running a forum/site in NOT knowing who's accessing your site.

B. Someone DOES know, and is doing everything in their power to protect the person at fault for the pirating of Bummy's account info.

And that's from thinking of the situation with "two brains". It all sounds good what was said in the TSR response, but it only raises more questions as oppose to answering the ones previously made.

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2009, 07:41:51 am »

well, they'll have upped traffic to coconut's blog tenfold ... kind of smacks of shooting themselves in the foot  rolleyes

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
saowens
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2009, 11:21:04 am »

Hey everybody, I just found a press release video showing TSR and MTS2 reactions to what happened. The TSR rep is on the left in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ireDyVuIAFA&feature=related
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2009, 12:14:13 pm »

I thought that it smacked more of shooting themselves in the butt, myself.

Feisty32
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2009, 12:25:59 pm »

i read what tsr said and i believe them and if tsr by some chance gets taken down i will never ever come on this board or any other sims 2 boards ever again i am sick and tired of the lies,slander,and all other bs that is being thrown at tsr i am siding with tsr and unless there is sufficient evidence of these accusations maybe then i'll believe until i believe tsr is telling the truth. angry

and i do not think for one minute that coconut is telling the truth in fact i do not believe that story at all sorry folks that's my opinion. Undecided
saowens
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2009, 12:50:19 pm »

Feisty, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect you for it. Just don't let what is going on sour you against the forums or any site for that matter. This isn't a one sided debate by any means. We want to hear what you have to say about it also. I for one would not want to see you go.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2009, 01:30:47 pm »

Well, gee, Feisty, dunno what to say. I have been in this for oh, what, a bit over two years now and know pretty much all of what's gone on. You believe what you wish, but I will trust to the facts told to me by the people involved and my own first hand experiences. What they've done in the past to their users and subscribers is wrong and illegal. They had a legal obligation to tell people of a security breach and they failed. If, indeed, there was one. We will just agree to disagree, shall we?

saowens
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2009, 01:50:10 pm »

Yeah, they even went so far as to suggest that all of this started because of a photo shopped copy of an internal document that Coconut made. Well... I work for a large computer company as an Administrator so I know this next part to be true. Why do companies have "internal" documents? Because they don't want their clients seeing them. That's what TSR is really p o'd about. Their secret got out.

Hello. Damage control Dept., spin control section. Operator in training number 48. How may I help you today?

"This is Thomas, I need you to come up with some really killer spin on the stolen content scandal."

Yes Sir! We'll get right on it! Now where did I put that MTS2 login information.....
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2009, 02:04:05 pm »

Since they are not disputing that Coconut has shown their internal documents, then I am curious about the conversations of laughing at the members when they (was admitted) input "trackers" on their custom content? Not only that, they laugh when they do publish members personal info and make jokes about prank calls. All of this was published in screenshots of the internal conversations.  That's what peeves me.  I don't like feeling like a joke or test subject when I registered to the site.

Then theres the personal conversation of deriding and racial slurs, I can't be bothered with such a site that wants my money, then make fun of people. My thought is, if you can be anal and asinine in little, then I wouldn't put it past them to be sneaky and vigilant in much.

I am sick of the debate. I will not give money to any site for pay items, cause I don't want to get in my game then delete it cause it photoshopped well, but looks like sh** in my game. I will donate to sites that I find appropriate and talented and needs the support. As I have exercised in life, if I don't like it, I do not support it. Same with T$R.  cool

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2009, 02:13:20 pm »

I recall the problem we all had when this first came out. To decide whether or not it was legal to make EA items a free, or a pay. At the time EA never put themselves in the middle of it. It was all up to us to decide if we would be illegal by making our own content.

Now it seems EA finally stepped out to tell us==or at least their maxoids did==that it's ok-just ignore the EULA!  They need to make up their minds.

The BBS has always been a den for disquiet. Especially when the securom problem came out. The area delegated to us was deleted one day because it was getting too much information in it that we could 'compare notes' in.  This is the same thing. If they would only let folks 'vent' it would be tamed down in the bbs, and freedom of speech would be thriving....

We are not 'allowed' to discuss any of the info we have on BBS, so that makes it harder to compare notes there (without being banned). We travel to all the other sites so we can compare those notes. I like this. I don't like how folks think they can lie and get away with it all, though. It will all catch up with them however.

A long winded way of saying 'the pen (computer) is mightier than the sword'  They'll trip themselves up, get caught, and the only thing they will be able to do in the long run will be to change their names and move on to the next chapter LOL

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
X-Phile

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2009, 02:14:18 pm »

I just updated my first message to include 2 links:

http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/

http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,2399.0.html

That's were the info about TRS and the current situation are being held. Wink
AnneUumellmahaye

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2009, 02:31:09 pm »

Even if I hadn't been aware of what's going on until now and the only site I've ever visited was TSR, now would be the time for me to look up all the google keywords that TSR article provided: 'MTS2', 'free downloads for Sims2', 'pirates + Sims 2', and last but not least 'Coconut + Sims 2'.
It would have made me really curious, and I hope that quite a few members at TSR dare to step outside and look what's actually going on in the Sims 2 community.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: