Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 09:51:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adult lifespan - 40 days?  (Read 1770 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Curiosity

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:29:12 pm »

Hi,
 I usually don't have the patience to put a sim through college but I decided to just this once. Usually the lifespan of my adult sims is about 29 days, I wasn't sure if it was different because I managed to graduate this sim or because a flaw within the game but my sim won't become an elder until 40 days have passed. That's just way too long! Is that a normal sim life-span?

http://www.freewebs.com/breathefirst

My free sims 2 site if you are looking for content for your game,
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:31:44 pm »

So far as I am aware, no -- that is not normal.

You may have some hack installed which affected the adult lifespan, or it is possible for various elixirs or potions, if imbibed, to do so.

However, in the case of that 40-day adult, specifically, if you have Insimenator installed, you can subtract  any number of days from that Sim's lifespan (effectively changing it from 40 days left to 29 day days left, for example).

Just on the remote chance that it might be related to this age oddity, have you patched the University EP?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:42:00 am »

TwoJeffs has an Age Duration Hack that alters the adult and elder lifespan based on aspiration.  If your YA satisfied a lot of wants while growing up and in college, aging to adult with 40 days left if not unusual.  With a set of twins and a younger sister I had recently, they younger sister actually reached the elder stage first, and the twins at different times.  This was because of the wants satisfied and LTA/LTW achievements with TJ's mod.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 08:16:36 am »

I know this is exact opposite of what the post's issue is. But In some ways I wish the default of the Sims was a little bit longer just to  make things more realistic. Especially every age before adult, just to give more time to doing things. They barely give you enough time to train the toddlers!

And yeah, I do have the Insimenator. Mostly I just turn the aging process off.

Course, 40 days is a bit long, Curiosity

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Curiosity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 11:28:56 am »

Ah thanks everyone,

I BELIEVE I patched my game.. but I've reinstalled it a few times, I am almost 90% posotive I patched it the last time I installed. I just subtracted the days to a normal amount with the insimenator, I don't have the age duartion hack, and he never took any elixer's. I'm so glad that's not normal haha, 40 days is way too long for a townie I have no idea why I'm playing Cheesy

EDIT:
I just checked my downloads folder. Apparantly, I did have the age duraction hack... heh... I need to cut back on my downloading.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:15:58 pm by Curiosity » Logged

http://www.freewebs.com/breathefirst

My free sims 2 site if you are looking for content for your game,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: