Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 12:11:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So Confused...  (Read 2509 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2009, 02:04:21 pm »

I just finished watching the movie Left Behind, and I’m a little overwhelmed.

See, up until now I didn’t believe in God—I figured if there was a God, he wouldn’t allow so much grief and suffering.  But that movie was powerful.  I mean, WOW.

It’s kinda rekindling my belief and faith in God.  I don’t know.  If the Bible is right and everything it says is gonna happen, it’s just a question of when.

I’m so confused.  I want so much to believe, but at the same time I have my doubts.

What should I do? huh

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 02:20:33 pm »

Continue to ask questions and look into it. Only you can can decide for yourself what you believe, and the more information you have, the clearer that choice will be.

You can believe in God and not believe that everything the bible says will come to pass. The bible was written by mortal men, and mortal men make mistakes. (That is in no way meant to cause offense to anyone)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:28:50 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:38:43 pm »

You can't depend on a movie to guide you.  Start looking for the source.  It can be a struggle and it is a Lifetime journey.  Keep asking questions don't let your quest become dull.  In the meantime, experience the joy of life.  Reading this back it sounds rather generic but this is a personal walk and there are many answers, some true, some false.
Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: