Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 03:10:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF a fix?  (Read 2915 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jay
Simaholic

Yay me!

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2009, 03:52:41 pm »

When I click on the BIG fishtank/aquarium in buy mode, to buy it, my game crashes. Is there a fix for that? If so, where can I find it?

nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:58:41 am »

It works fine in my game. I can place the huge aquarium and it looks great. I think it could be that you have a bad hack that is causing it or some other custom content. I would suggest removing all hacks and custom content as a test to see if it work. Or else try uninstalling Apartment Life and then reinstalling it. Maybe your game files are messed up and I think that aquarium was added by Apartment Life.
Goldgab

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:55:50 am »

Try to redownload the CEP.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:43:51 am »

I had the wrong version of the CEP and had your exact problem. Got the correct one and guess what? No more game crashies! Yay!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:23:27 pm »

One of the problems people were having when AL first came out and they tried using that house with the big aquarium wasn't related to CEP, but to the water mod that enabled useshaders.  If you have that, try taking it out.
Jay
Simaholic

Yay me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 02:52:08 pm »

I don't have the useshaders mod, but I do use the CEP. Maybe I do have the wrong version. Where can I find the newest?

nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 03:40:12 pm »

It's at http://cep.modthesims2.com
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 11:05:00 pm »

this might be completley irrelevant to you if you don't have targas transparent water hack from sexysims2.com but I discovered my game crashing when I went to place the large aquarium having that hack in my folder so you might want to do a clean install and check and see if maybe you have that hack lurking somewhere because for me when I took it out, the game stopped crashing so just a bit of advice Wink
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 10:29:43 pm »

This actually belongs in the General Help section, not here. If you're looking for an item, object or hack for your game, post in the WCIF. If something's not working right, post in the help section. Thread moved.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: