Insimenator.org
May 13, 2024, 08:09:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim game won't load, at all.  (Read 3226 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SangsBleus

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:00:07 pm »

Toshiba Satellite M305-S4848
4GB 800MHz SDRAM
250GB HDD
Sims 2
Bon Voyage
University
Nightlife
Stuff Pack: Teen Style Stuff

Yep... another Sims 2 issue with me... Surprising? I think not, lol.

Well, this time around, my Sims 2 game won't load at all. I insert the disc, click on the Sims 2 shortcut thing, and then it comes and I press "play". After that, nothing happens. It acts like it's going to load, like the Sims 2 screen will just pop up at anytime, but it doesn't. Any ideas of what might be wrong? I already organized my download folder with Delphy's awesome wizard. Any ideas what might be wrong? All answers are appreciated!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 05:16:09 pm »

have you tried deleting accessory.cache & groups.cache & try running it again?
SangsBleus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 05:25:10 pm »

have you tried deleting accessory.cache & groups.cache & try running it again?

You are an angel. o.o
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 05:28:35 pm »

does that mean it worked? Smiley
SangsBleus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 05:56:24 pm »

does that mean it worked? Smiley

Yes! It took forever to load, but it worked. x]

Do you know how I could stop some of the lag? Or is it just the custom content?
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 06:29:20 pm »

With my game, it lags due to a hella lot of CC. So, my guess is it's the CC with yours, too.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
SangsBleus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 08:16:25 pm »

With my game, it lags due to a hella lot of CC. So, my guess is it's the CC with yours, too.

Yeah, I don't think that there's a way to get around that... oh well...
Have you ever gotten the problem with sims not being able to use the phone? It's making me very, very irritated. lol
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:36:00 pm »

that is probably CC that is not compatible; have you tried taking out all phone, computer & newspaper mods for instance?
jerryking
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 09:08:06 pm »

To help loading times you might try the Compressorizer found at moreawesomethanyou. I have everything in my downloads folder compressed with no problems, and I compress every download before I put it in my game. I haven't compressed anything other than my downloads folder although some people have, I don't know how safe any other compressing would be. Check out maty for details. I also got a new faster PC and that makes a whole lot of difference also, but with my old PC it did help.
SangsBleus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 02:16:24 am »

To help loading times you might try the Compressorizer found at moreawesomethanyou. I have everything in my downloads folder compressed with no problems, and I compress every download before I put it in my game. I haven't compressed anything other than my downloads folder although some people have, I don't know how safe any other compressing would be. Check out maty for details. I also got a new faster PC and that makes a whole lot of difference also, but with my old PC it did help.

Wow, you are right! My laptop is so much faster now that I've compressed the files. But for my game, the loading screen still takes about ten minutes or so to completely load all the way. Thank you though!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: