Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 12:24:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Base Game... Still need help!  (Read 2720 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FutureFamousStar

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:34:20 am »

I only play the base game because I don't have room on my computer to install all the other EPs and SPs that I have. Anyways, recently after loading families into already furnished houses, I'm not able to play them/ get passed the loading screen. I wait an hour after all the things load but I can't get onto those furnished lots that have people living on them. I have in those houses: beds, chairs,kitchen furnishings, tables, tv, book shelf, wardrobe (one in every bedroom),stereo,alarm and thats it. None of my objects are custom content because I don't want to use up any more space in my game with custom content objects and walls. My only custom content is hair,eyes, clothes and accessories but that hasn't given me any trouble.

PS-Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:46:31 pm by FutureFamousStar » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:52:07 am »

Try deleting your groups.cache file just inside your Sims 2 folder.

The game makes a new one when you start it up.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
FutureFamousStar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:54:12 am »

It didn't work...well not much. I had to move them out and when I moved them back in, it worked. Though after re-furnishing (without the wardrobes) but after I unpaused it, the sims wouldn't move. I've had this problem before. Can anyone help with that?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:22:36 pm by FutureFamousStar » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:48:50 pm »

I'm sorry I might have missed it in your original post, but did you mention if the house was a maxis/EA home or did you download it somewhere? because if its the former then you more than likely have a corrupted lot. Are any of your other homes or families behaving like this or is just this one lot?
FutureFamousStar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 05:41:19 pm »

Well, it's actually happened in other lots too, with other families that as well froze. It's a Maxis lot because the ones I download just don't appear ingame.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 06:11:02 pm »

Something is (obviously) in conflict.

When you say you have downloaded houses and they install but don't show, that could be a source of the problem. Often times, houses and lots will include content you may be unaware of - content that can be incompatible or in conflict.

Same goes for any Sims you may have downloaded.

Tell you what - try two things:

First, go into My Document--EA Games--The Sims 2--Teleport folder. If there is anything in that folder, delete it (don't delete the folder itself).

If there was anything in there to delete, fire up the game and see if it is any better.

If not, then go to My Documents--EA Games--The Sims2 and temporarily move the entire Downloads folder to someplace else on your computer. Don't delete the folder, just drag it to your desktop or to wherever else you prefer.

Run the game and see if the problem disappears. If so, then there is definitely something (or somethings) in your Downloads folder which are incompatible with just the base game or else in conflict.

In that case, you will need to ferret it (or them) out and delete just those items. Move back the Downloads folder and follow the steps here:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

If the problem persists when you have no Downloads folder in your The Sims 2 section, then the next greatest likelihood is something in your Saved Sims folder.

FutureFamousStar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 09:10:59 pm »

I made a test lot with a test sim. I filled it with a few items which I would put in my usual homes with families in them that have toddlers or children. I removed things one by one to see if my sim would unfreeze. After removing one pink bunny toy, my game started working. so I guess I'm going to try it on other lots after putting my downloads back and I'll tell you all how it goes. By the way, anyone know why my downloaded lots won't show up at all? Thanks!
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 09:35:09 pm »

By the way, anyone know why my downloaded lots won't show up at all? Thanks!

First, is your game patched? If not, do so ASAP.

Next, how are you installing the downloaded lots? (Sims2Pack lot files do need to be accessed and installed in a separate process.)

Recommend using Clean Installer to install lots. The comes-with-the-game installer is, shall we say, somewhat problematic.
saowens
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 09:44:22 pm »

It could just be your game isn't compatible with the custom content in the lots. Just load the lot file and not the custom content with the sims2pack installer and see if they show up.
FutureFamousStar

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 09:49:29 pm »

Well I tried my idea & it didnt work out at all. I deleted those custom lots a few days ago but had tried several times to get them to show up. I'm going to try Zordac's idea because I do have some custom sims.
PS-Does anyone know how to reset a lot/sims? I remember doing that once but that was so long ago when I first got the game and had something like this happen. Thanks!
Edit- I followed that link that rwills provided. So far it is working so if this works rwills,you are awesome!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:55:54 pm by FutureFamousStar » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: