Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 11:02:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod Help  (Read 1775 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Willowa

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2009, 04:56:00 pm »

Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me. My Sims deluxe was stolen by my step son, so I got a new one, but its Double Deluxe.

I have 2 lil problems. First, I got the painting rejuvinator, and installed it. But I can't find it anywhere on the game. I put it in the tsbin I think... Is it supposed to go in that folder or somewhere else? And if I can't get that to work, is there any other rejuvinators I can use? And where would I put them? (This is more than 2 questions, I know....) Cheesy

And second, when I quit my game, my computer goes black, and never comes back. I have to reset the computer every time. Is that a bug with Double Deluxe?

Also on my old game, I had a thing where the maid moved in and had her own bed and everything... Where can I find that again? And which folder do I install it to?

Thanks.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 05:48:20 pm »

If you put something in the tsbin (or wherever you did put it) remove it from there.

Presumably you are talking about Merola's Multi-Painting:

http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/MerolaSims2/MultiPainting.htm

Go to My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2  folder on your computer.

Inside there will be a bunch of other folders.

Most all custom content (which are .package files) goes into the folder there named Downloads. If there isn't already a folder named Downloads there, you can create one. Make sure to name the folder exactly like this: Downloads

Exceptions:

Collection files (and their accompanying image files) go into the Collections folder.

Lots end up, after installation by the game, in the LotCatalog folder.

Custom neighborhood terrains (which are .sc4 files) go into the SC4Terrains folder.

Custom Sims can be installed in the SavedSims or the Downloads folder.

None of that stuff belongs anywhere near anything in your Program Files (the TSbin or anywhere else there).

There are a very few complex or esoteric custom modifications which do include instructions requiring their placement in the Program Files area, but for those rare types of items instructions wil be included and precise as to where and how to install them. 99.999999% of any other custom content does not belong there in any circumstance.

As to your problem with quitting the game (a process which can take a fair amount of time to complete, dependent on the specs of a particular computer), that may well be related to futzing aroud inside the Program Files--EA Games area. It is not a bug of the game. Once you remove anything and everything you may have put anywhere in the Program Files--EA Games area, see if it clears up. If not, you could have already borked the game and will need to do a back-up and then an uninstall/reinstall.
Willowa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 09:57:20 pm »

I had it in the downloads folder. I was wrong. When I log in the game, it says that it's disabled. I clicked enable, and it's still no where to be found. Sad
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:11:16 pm »

Presuming that youextracted the .package file(s) and they are in you Downloads folder,, then do this:

When (or if) the custom content splash screen comes up when the game has loaded, click 'Enable' and continue inbto the game.

Go to Game Options (click the choice of the dots on the interface panel and then, IIRC, the cogs) and set 'Catalogs Display Custom Content' option to 'On.'  (See note below.)

Quit the game.

Re-launch and see if you custom content is now showing.

Note: If the 'Catalogs Display Custom Content' is already set to On, set it to Off, then Quit, re-launch and reset it to Enable, then quit and relaunch again.

Sometimes the game gets persnickety and it will take a couple of times of setting things to Enable/On before items will show up.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 10:23:09 pm »

I had it in the downloads folder. I was wrong. When I log in the game, it says that it's disabled. I clicked enable, and it's still no where to be found. Sad

After changing from Disabled CC to Enabled CC, you must restart the game for the enabling to take place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: