Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 05:54:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The clean installer problem  (Read 3099 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Anonymous
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:52:02 pm »

Hello, I'm sorry to bother but I have this problem. Everytime I try to download the latest version clean installer it says that I should get rid of an older version even thought I deleted it. Can someone smart really help me because I'm a dum dum in computers.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:14:58 pm »

I'm not a moderator or anything, but to me this seems like it should go in the "General Sims 2 Help" section instead of here in "General Discussion".

As for your problem, I'm not sure. I don't have much experience with the Clean Installer.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 06:01:24 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, that's normal. Even though you uninstalled it, you'll still have files from the older version that didn't uninstall.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 06:35:19 pm »

Go in through your control panel, add/remove programs, locate Clean Installer and get rid of it that way. If you have confidence in what you are doing, find it in your program folder and get rid of it that way and then install the new version. Then again, I'm used to the new version uninstalling the old version FOR me...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 02:34:20 pm »

I did what you said Paden but everytime I try to download the latest version of the installer, it says that I have older version that needs to unistalled even though I deleted it. Sometimes I wanna throw the computer moniter out of the window, break the keyboard and burn the rest of the computer and shout crazily.Oh I empited my Insanity into typing.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 03:09:07 pm »

I'm moving this to the help section. Anonymous, I'd like to suggest you take a look around the site and familiarize yourself with it so you can get a better understanding of what goes where, instead of just posting everything in the General Discussion thread by default, OK?  Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 03:44:31 pm »

In this situtation it's deffintly my bad and I hope that I'm not driving you nuts when posting in the wrong form.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 04:31:13 pm »

*is reading stuff from Tech Support's funniest moments and banging head on desk because sometimes, sometimes people just should not be allowed to do certain things*

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 10:27:41 am »

Insert Quote
*is reading stuff from Tech Support's funniest moments and banging head on desk because sometimes, sometimes people just should not be allowed to do certain things* I did not understand what this sentence mean ?
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 02:34:34 pm »

It worked, thanks noxname so much. I'm feeling like a butterfly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: