Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 09:50:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phones  (Read 1846 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SteveGee

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2009, 09:32:43 am »

Have a newbie question....can cell phones be used outside of the University EP?

I have University, Nightlife, and OFB installed, but I don't see any sort of cell phone in the Buy Objects menus. I have GL installed and have to play TS2 through it's interface...at least that's what the game tells me...have to play the latest EP/SP....I can still go to the OFB business district and the NL district without any problems and everything works fine. I haven't sent anyone to college as I haven't got a teen that I've made in game right now.

All I want to do is have a cell phone...is this possible?

Thanks for any help!
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:31:32 pm »

Personally, I think you can use a cell phone without Uni. But that's just my guess. You could try it.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:42:12 pm »

You have to go to a store to buy a cell phone. Just look for a cell phone kiosk on a community lot (they're blue). You can't get them in buy mode. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 02:18:05 pm »

Ah, so, I guess the kiosk came with NL, then.

DOH  Should have known that!

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 04:15:48 pm »

Alternative to going to a community lot and buying a cell phone is, if you happen to have Insimenator installed, to use its Property Adjustor to just give a cell phone to any selected Sim.

By the by, any Sim can purchase more than one cell phone. Can come in handy if there is another family member who wants/needs a cell phone but is not visiting a community lot. Just take any additional cell phone from the Sim's backpack and place it on a table or counter, then move that cell phone into the backpack of any other Sim.

So, for example, Sim A could conceivably (so long as he/she has sufficient funds) purchase cell phones for the entire family.

EDIT: Also, FYI, the kiosks also sell mp3 players and a hand-held video game device.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:59:43 pm by rwills » Logged
SteveGee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 06:50:46 pm »

You have to go to a store to buy a cell phone. Just look for a cell phone kiosk on a community lot (they're blue). You can't get them in buy mode. 

Ah...many thanks...will give that a try. I figured it was like almost everything else and could be bought in the Buy menus.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: