Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 11:49:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Puppy dissappearing  (Read 1911 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2009, 11:28:46 am »

I'm relatively new to pets but seem to have a problem with newborn puppies disappearing.
Is the Critter family borked?  I moved them in with a family and Sarah gave birth to 3 pups.  The mother of my (then family of 3 sims) went into labor a minute or so after the dog turning the household into a family of four sims and five sim dogs.  After two days a puppy just disappeared from the family list--no explanation or popups at all.  Assuming the family was too large, I closed the game without saving and replayed.  This time I sold two puppies to two visiting sims and the owner sim hadn't give birth yet. Still, though there was now only 6 in the family, the next day a puppy disappeared--no popups, messages or opportunity to report the pup missing.  There is a fence around their large property (to keep out strays) and it disallowed pets so I doubt it ran off.  their memories and relationship with the puppies remained unchanged and there was no reaction to the missing puppies.

Is this s glitch in the game? I have all EPs and SPs installed with the exception of AL & the holiday party pack.  Thanks for any helpful advice you can give.

Sims by Dasi:

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 05:09:06 pm »

Maybe the game anticipated a family limit overload?  Just my guess since the sim mother was also pregnant.

At any rate I used Squinge's increase family size user startup file and the family progressed without a problem.  Consider this problem solved. Cheesy

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 09:45:11 pm »

Hey, DaSpecial1!

Smart girl and good to know. I'm just getting into pets and we are entering into pregnancy with both pet mommy and Sim mommy.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 08:55:11 pm »

You were not over the family size limit. With Pets, the limit is 10, with any combination of humans + pets = 10 allowed, though I think there is a 6 pet limit or something like that. So you could easily have had 4 humans plus 6 dogs and not been over the lot limit. It's only games without Pets that have the limit of 8 sims per lot.

So the disappearing puppy is a concern and not the game "anticipating a family limit overload". I'm not sure what the cause or solution is, but you may want to keep an eye on the "disappearing sim" thread in the help section to see if they come up with some sort of solution.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 05:56:22 pm »

Thanks Engram, I was sure I was way under the limit.  At the time it happened I had 2 adult sims (pregnant mom), 1 teen and the 2 critters. Then Sarah had her pups and the trouble began.  The pup didn't really "disappear" so to speak.  I was able to follow it (one of the times) and it seems that it was being called to leave the lot; it went through rabbit hole Wink.

Titter I knew the anticipation thing was a little far-fetched but I couldn't figure out why it corrected after I used the cheat file.   Now I hope the families I gave the pups away to don't have issues. 

The problem seemed to have been solved but I haven't played that house lately.  I will keep an eye out as you suggest. Fanku2

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: