Insimenator.org
May 13, 2024, 04:22:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 8316 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 02:39:19 pm »

Thank you guys for all your support.

I will admit that when I tried to quit this past time along with the others, I wasn't going at it with everything I had.  I was talking to my boyfriend last night and he asked me if I'd quit smoking. "It's bad for your health and I want to be with you for as long as I can," he told me.  Plus, I'm turning my life around; changing it for the better.  So last night, I promised myself and my other half.. There will be no trying this time.  I WILL quit, with God as my witness.

You can count on that.

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 03:20:56 pm »

Right on, Moon.

Your determination shows that you can do it.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 06:52:01 pm »

I didn't know this thread was here or I would have added my 2 cents sooner. LOL. I just stopped one day out the blue no plans or anything and I had been smoking for over 15 years. It has been nearly 3 months since I have smoked and in my house more than half (4) are smokers. Surprisingly I haven't fallen off the wagon. I think it has more to do with just that I was tired of smoking. Only you can make that choice, over the years this and that person nagged me and made me feel bad because I smoked and it never deterred me. So I said all of this to say that if YOU are ready then you will stop and it won't be so hard.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 06:59:28 pm »

I didn't know this thread was here or I would have added my 2 cents sooner. LOL. I just stopped one day out the blue no plans or anything and I had been smoking for over 15 years. It has been nearly 3 months since I have smoked and in my house more than half (4) are smokers. Surprisingly I haven't fallen off the wagon. I think it has more to do with just that I was tired of smoking. Only you can make that choice, over the years this and that person nagged me and made me feel bad because I smoked and it never deterred me. So I said all of this to say that if YOU are ready then you will stop and it won't be so hard.

I AM ready.  Not only do I want to save money, I want to live a healthier life.  I want to spend as long as I can with my boyfriend and my wonderful InSim friends and real life friends.

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 08:13:50 pm »

It sure would save you money. People that smoke about a pack a day blow about $1600 or more a year, on something that kills them. Plus, other people can influence you to quit. Your boyfriend is right to encourage you to drop the habit, because over the years, your lungs will heal and you will be a lot healthier. About 3 years ago, my husband said he wanted to quit, but he didn't commit to it. I had to FORCE him and eventually he did it. So the influence does help.

Use whatever you have to in order to quit. Take up a hobby, go out and do something fun with your boyfriend. Just keep yourself busy and pray for strength. It'll happen if you want it to.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 08:29:39 pm »

I can't get together with my boyfriend considering I'm in Indiana and he's in Georgia.. but we still make it work.. until we can figure out some way to get the money for him to come visit.

I just prayed to God for strength through this rough task.

And it's like hawnsimmer told me in a PM: "Do it for yourself first; the rest will then fall easily into place."

“Let us not become weary in doing good; for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” –Galatians 6:9

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 08:42:12 pm »

I can't get together with my boyfriend considering I'm in Indiana and he's in Georgia.. but we still make it work.. until we can figure out some way to get the money for him to come visit.

Heh, I didn't know both our boyfriends were in Georgia.  tongue

I already said good luck on Facebook, but more good luck your way and you'll be able to do it. Smiley

My other ride is a chocobo.
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 04:56:05 pm »

I just had a delicious dinner, but now I have a craving for a cigarette. I know I can do this.. nobody said it'd be easy, but I can and will do it. Period. End of story.

“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

EDIT:

Well, the sick feeling from not smoking is going away.  And it wasn't even that bad.  I can definitely get through this. I just need to keep my faith, hope, and positive attitude.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” –Galatians 5:22
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:06:11 pm by Mooncat » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: