Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 02:45:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't "put baby here"  (Read 1361 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
firstkid4me

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2009, 02:16:55 pm »

I have all EPs and the Celebration Stuff Pack, took out all my mods and the "put (baby/toddler name) here" interaction still doesn't work.  I wait until the sim is holding the child, choose the interaction, and it disappears, then they put the baby down and stand there.  I have to use transport if I want to get a toddler somewhere.  I have all the patches from the Sims 2 site, has anyone else encountered this problem?

Rebecca
Army wife to Kevin
Mama to hammerific Emily Hiroko 2/9/05 and chunker butt Lana Akiko 10/21/07
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 03:54:05 pm »

Try moving your Downloads folder to the desktop and then run your game. If the glitch goes away without any Downloads at all, then you know there's something in there corrupting things.

It's possible you still have a hack or mod in your game. If you don't have Clean Installer, I would suggest getting it and then looking at your custom content through it. Mods generally show up in red.

Failing that, the best way to track down the problematic item is through the 50/50 method. Split your cc in half. Put one half in and run your game. If the problem occurs, the problem cc is there (though it's worth it to test the other half as well-you might have more than one broken item). Split that half in half again and keep going until you've found it. It's a PITA, but better, by far, than testing one object at a time.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: