Insimenator.org
May 13, 2024, 12:55:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with default skins  (Read 2803 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
angerisanemotio

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:46:12 pm »

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I've searched and didn't find what I needed so here goes:
Every time I install default skins, they are fine until my sims age into elder. I have tried using different sets of default skins but it happens with all of them. I have taken all other default skins (vampire, plantsim, werewolf) to see if that was the problem and it still happens. Any help will be useful, thanks!

Games I have: Sims 2 base, Nightlife, Freetime, Bon Voyage, Open For Business, Seasons
Stuff Packs: TSS, H&M Fashion

EDIT
See attached pic for dark default, he is not wearing a shirt, only one that happens with. Found while fiddling around trying to find the problem
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 12:28:33 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:56:06 pm »

Exactly what happens?
Are you sure you only have one of each default skin?
And you don't need the werewolf and plantsim skins if you don't have Pets or Seasons...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
angerisanemotio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 12:24:58 am »

Exactly what happens?
Are you sure you only have one of each default skin?
And you don't need the werewolf and plantsim skins if you don't have Pets or Seasons...

Oops....I DO have seasons, but not pets, I did remove the werewolf skin a long time ago, and it still happens.
My game crashes whenever the sims age to elder.
Yes, I only have one skin for each.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 12:34:47 am »

It could be that you are using default replacement that don't have all the age groups. That's been known to happen. What default skins were you using for your sims?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
angerisanemotio

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 01:11:07 am »

It could be that you are using default replacement that don't have all the age groups. That's been known to happen. What default skins were you using for your sims?

I am using a set that was defaulted at GOS found here http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=4750.0

I have only the four required, no more.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 01:51:04 am »

Did you download the default add-on? You need it to make the default work. You actually need 5 files, not 4. You need the 4 skintones and the add-on.

*hates dependent defaults with a passion*

To make a long story slightly shorter - The way a dependent default works is by having the face texture in the add-on and then pulling the body textures from the actual skintones. You have the face texture working but the body is wonky. What you need to do is to pull out ALL skintones from your Downloads folder, then throw in the add-on and the 4 Anva skintones. I suspect that there is something funky about either the add-on or another skintone in your downloads folder. Quite possibly, the add-on is attempting to pull body textures from two separate skintones and getting it's knickers in a knot because it's pulling the textures from two files. Out of curiosity - is it only crashing on aging to elder or on all birthdays but an elder birthday is all you've had in your game lately so that's all you know about?

Make sure that you don't accidentally have two copies of Anva's skintones in your Downloads. That could be what is causing the problem. Or get yourself a different default. Preferably not a dependent one.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
angerisanemotio

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 01:57:44 am »

Did you download the default add-on? You need it to make the default work. You actually need 5 files, not 4. You need the 4 skintones and the add-on.

*hates dependent defaults with a passion*

To make a long story slightly shorter - The way a dependent default works is by having the face texture in the add-on and then pulling the body textures from the actual skintones. You have the face texture working but the body is wonky. What you need to do is to pull out ALL skintones from your Downloads folder, then throw in the add-on and the 4 Anva skintones. I suspect that there is something funky about either the add-on or another skintone in your downloads folder. Quite possibly, the add-on is attempting to pull body textures from two separate skintones and getting it's knickers in a knot because it's pulling the textures from two files. Out of curiosity - is it only crashing on aging to elder or on all birthdays but an elder birthday is all you've had in your game lately so that's all you know about?

Make sure that you don't accidentally have two copies of Anva's skintones in your Downloads. That could be what is causing the problem. Or get yourself a different default. Preferably not a dependent one.

I do have the add-on, sorry, I feel like I keep having to go "Yes, I do have that..." like a small child who hasn't clarified, and it only happens with the elder aging, no others. I've tried different defaults and it happens with all of them
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 02:13:58 am »

Then it sounds like there is something interfering with the aging process. If it's ALL defaults and not just this one, there is something seriously stuffing up either your ability to use defaults at all or with the aging process itself.

At the risk of annoying you further by asking potentially redundant questions, have you tried having a sim age to elder using the Maxis skintones, with no defaults in your Downloads? Do you have any hacks that affect aging or age length? Have you tried having a sim age to elder with your entire Downloads folder taken out? I'm just trying to narrow down the process you used to pinpoint that the problem is with just default skintones and not with the game files or with something else in your Downloads folder. You may know what you have done and what you downloaded, but we don't, hence the questions trying to narrow down what is happening and why.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 02:26:58 am »

I would suggest you start with taking any mods/hacks you have in your game out. Smiley That's always a good place to start, especially if it's something interfering with the aging process.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 12:29:47 pm »

As you may have noticed, we've disabled the attachment feature in many parts of the forum. We have kept it enabled in the Help sections because, from time to time, it's necessary for error logs to be attached to posts.

This is the ONLY reason you should be attaching anything to a post in this section. Images MAY not be attached under ANY circumstance. All images must be hosted via a 3rd party image hosting site (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc). If you use the attachment feature to upload images, you may find your attachment removed, your post locked or even deleted altogether.

I removed your attached image. Please use a third party image hosting site to share pictures.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: