Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 05:25:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF these hair meshes? (Found)  (Read 2968 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Amalia81

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »

I found recolors of these hairs on another site, but unfortunately they don't come with the meshes.  If anyone knows where to find these, I'd greatly appreciate it!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:29:57 am by Amalia81 » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 05:40:06 pm »

They didn't link to where you could get the meshes? That's odd, because usually when a recolour doesn't come with the mesh, they tell you where you can get the mesh. Where did the recolours come from?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 06:05:01 pm »

The second hair is either originally by or a conversion of a male hair by Talenzz. No idea where the creator posted the mesh originally but I've seen mention of people getting the mesh from Simscave and I'm pretty sure I've seen retextures of that hair onGarden of Shadows. I think Talenzz is an Asian creator, as there are hairs by someone with that name on XM Sims, too. If you check out Sims Cave or GOS you could probably find another download with the mesh in it.

Not sure about the first hair. Did the site where you got the hair at least mention the name of the creator? It's highly unusual that they would not link to the mesh or even give a clue about the creator so you could find the mesh.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Amalia81

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 06:37:02 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately the site didn't provide links to where I could get the meshes.  The first hair's file name mentioned something about Digital Sheep.  I think I've been to that site once before but it's been so long that I can't remember the address.

The recolors are on http://www.piggis-sims.net/  (in Downloads > Hairs > Other Sites)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:43:04 pm by Amalia81 » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 07:07:44 pm »

It's unfortunate she doesn't give links, but it's not impossible to figure it out and find them with Google. When you click to download the hairs in question, you can see who made the hair in the file name. The first one says it's Digital Sheep, but it should be Dedijal Sheep Bower , and the second is by Talenzz at Gamesir. You can get the first hair here. It in the male hairs and it's the fifth one (second hair on the bottom row). Getting a Gamesir account is a huge PITA, but I'm positive you could find it on Simscave (registration is required to see the appropriate section and download the hair). Like Engram mentioned I'm sure you can find the mesh there or at GoS.

Amalia81

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 02:08:18 am »

Thanks!   cool
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 02:37:58 am »

NP. I just discovered, as well, when you open the zip files from Piggi's site, you'll find a txt file titled "SiteLink.txt", where you'll find a link to where the mesh can be found. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: