Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 01:20:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mesh for Vivin Collection by Holly  (Read 2796 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mikoyo80

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2010, 06:38:05 pm »

I have fallen in love with the gorgeous outfits in the below image by Holly on modthesims2. Unfortunately, the site that apparently had the mesh is no longer there and I'm a little stuck. If anyone knows what the mesh is called and where I could find it, then would you please be able to provide a link? It's driving me mad lol! Thanks in advance Smiley

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew you never knew
'Colors of the Wind', Vanessa Williams from Disney's Pocahontas
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:44:32 pm »

Can you please link to the post in MTS where this outfit is from? It would help everyone if we had a starting point.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
marvelousmarja

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »

The clothes can be found here, but unfortunately the mesh is from 2f0ru. That site has closed. You can find the meshes at the graveyard, here but I don't know the name of the mesh by looking at the clothes, personally Embarrassed

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action. - Frank Tibolt
---
My LiveJournal
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:13:41 pm »

The MTS post does say the mesh is by dori.  There's only 12 meshes by dori listed under 2foru at the graveyard.  My guess is the melonpumpswithpants.
Mikoyo80

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 09:54:36 am »

I didn't provide a link as I was a little confused as to what hotlinking was and thought it best to play safe. Never thought to look in the Graveyard, so thanks for the tip. I tried the melonpumpswithpants, but it didn't work so I'll try and go through them all. Thank you all for your help, much appreciated Smiley

Edit: Every one of the meshes is now in my downloads folder and the outfits still don't work. Never mind, thanks anyway guys Smiley
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:34:32 am by Mikoyo80 » Logged

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew you never knew
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:44:50 am »

Hotlinking is when you directly post a link to an image on someone else's site. Every time that image loads, whether it is coded to load directly into the post by wrapping img tags around it or whether someone has to click the link to open it in a new tab/page/whatever, it eats up a bit more bandwidth from the originating site. Like I mention in the sticky we have about it, it's a bit like someone patching into your phone line (or pinging your phone) to make long distance calls. The call goes through but you foot the bill. It's why we (and just about every other forum) ask you to post images via third party hosts. Posting a link to take someone to another site is fine, because when someone clicks on that link they're actually going there, not taking anything from it. I hope that clears it up. Smiley

If you do find which mesh it is, can you please post it here so we can have that information. The mesh, we know, is by Dori, and she is also a member at MTS2. If all else fails you could send her a polite PM and ask about the mesh.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Mikoyo80

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 10:53:52 am »

I might just do that, although I might try holly first seeing as they created the outfits, I'm a woman on a mission now lol! Thanks for clearing the hotlinking thing up for me. I understood about the images, and it's not something I do anyway, but I wasn't sure about other links. Thanks again and I'll definately post the mesh name when I find it. Watch this space Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: