Insimenator.org
June 05, 2024, 10:50:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game loading forever  (Read 1731 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mafiotul

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2010, 08:00:04 am »

Howdy ! Bad luck strikes again. My Sims 2 Nightlife is loading forever and doesn't pass to the next stage while it reaches "Replacing Wheel Bearings". But I still see the beginning screen and hear the theme playing. Thus, the "loading lamp" from the PC unit works rarely... angry

I came to the conclusion that custom content related to genetics causes the game to stop from loading. But I always check them in the Bodyshop to see if they work. If the Maxis genetics don't show up, I press Randomize button and voila, I can see them. This procedure gives the game a boost to complete loading.And it happens the same with clothing.  shocked

Any advices ? huh
bollyknickers
Sci-Fi And Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 08:49:55 am »

If you found it suddenly stopped loading fully, after downloading some CC, take out all the CC you dowloaded recently (by looking at date modified, you can see when you downloaded it), and then try and start up the game. If it has only recently started crashing, it is almost certainly a piece of buggy CC - it could be anything. If the game does load, gradually bring back the CC you added, and keep loading the game. You will eventually find out which piece of CC caused the problem.

Unless it's just a very slow loading time, of course. My PC take 10 mins excatly to load.
mafiotul

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 01:54:51 pm »

Yea, it's raonjena's mesh hairs + recolours. But last time I installed them they worked very fine. Guess I have to use other hair meshes untill I clean my computer and reinstall the Sims  rolleyes

Anyway thanks for helping... Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: