Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 12:39:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Open Dorm Lots (Resolved!)  (Read 1504 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Crystallyne

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:00:39 am »

Okay I'm having a problem that is really frustrating me.  When I enter my University and try to enter one of the pre-built Dorms in Build Mode, it takes so long to try and load the lot that I eventually give up on it and have to force the game to close.  I have been working on a "legacy" style game (I think that's what people call it?) where I have started with 5 couples having children, and my first in-game born generation of sims are preparing to enter college.  I wanted to take a look at the dorms before I decided where to place my young adults.  I have not yet tried to place an actual sim into one of these lots and see if I can load it that way.  After running into problems loading them, the last time I tried I actually timed it.  After 30 minutes of waiting for the lot to load, I gave up on it.

Yes, I have a lot of mods in my game, but just loading the game takes only 10 minutes, tops.  I'm used to that.  But the time it is taking to try and load the dorms is completely ridiculous!

I just wanted to come here and find out if anyone else has had this problem.  And if anyone has, have you found a way to get it to work?  I'm probably going to just build my own dorms anyways.  But I tried to check with google, and couldn't find reports of anyone else having this issue, so I thought I would ask here.

EDIT:  I just thought I would add a little info.  The dorms I can't open are from Academie Le Tour, the Lam Plaza Dormitories, and Boggs Hall Dormitories.  I can open the Romara Dormitories just fine.  I have not attempted to place any of the pre-made dorms in the lot catalog and enter those.  There's a couple other dorms already placed that I haven't tried to enter.  Don't know if that helps or not, but thought I'd add it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:23:54 pm by Crystallyne » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:48:53 am »

Until you said one dorm opened in a short time, I thought you might have a dorm-affecting hack or a bad download that only shows up in dorms....

Try placing and opening some of the other dorms to see if more work or more "hang" on load.

Try temporarily removing your CC and opening the dorms that hang.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Crystallyne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:23:12 pm »

Thanks for the response, Miros.

I actually ran some maintenance on my computer last night, for other reasons.  (Defrag, Disk Cleanup)  Not only has it helped my computer in general, I'm suddenly finding issues I was having with Sims 2 have vanished!  I was getting an odd error message when I would start the game (no text on the error message, just a Yes or No button to click), along with the issue of opening the dorms.  After running the maintenance, suddenly that error message is gone, and the dorms I was having problems with opened in less then a minute with no problem!

So I guess the real problem was just my poor computer in general.  heheh  (I've just set up a system to help me remember to run various maintenance type things on my computer so I can keep it healthier now.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: