Insimenator.org
May 10, 2024, 12:34:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Base Game Meshes Disappeared  (Read 2697 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mikoyo80

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:30:14 am »

I recently downloaded some new clothes and then loaded up my game, only to find that some of my base game clothing now didn't show up (or it did but white with writing on. I've since taken the new clothing and meshes out but still no luck. Any ideas people? I'm well and truly stumped, lol huh

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew you never knew
'Colors of the Wind', Vanessa Williams from Disney's Pocahontas
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 12:51:02 pm »

Drag your entire Thumbnails folder, Accessory.cache, Groups.cache, and cigen.package out of My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:13:06 pm »

Or just delete them. They're safe to delete and the game will regenerate fresh copies when you load the game and/or Bodyshop.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:35:34 pm »

Or just delete them. They're safe to delete and the game will regenerate fresh copies when you load the game and/or Bodyshop.

Except when you got 8/9 gig or more of CC installed.
The game will most likely freeze then and never load again untill you reinstalled it.(or take out your downloads and put them back in in small pieces)

No longer active
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 04:44:00 am »

Finally, a reason to keep them around!  I knew you shouldn't just delete them.

Rose/Miros
Mikoyo80

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:39:22 am »

Lol! That didn't work anyway, I'll try taking out all of my custom content and see if that helps. I haven't got time now though, but I really hope I don't wind up having to reinstall everything Sad

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew you never knew
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 12:03:03 pm »

Odds are, it's something messed up in your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder.  If moving your custom content out doesn't work, try renaming that whole folder and let the game create a new one.  Then move stuff back in folder by folder until you find out what's causing the problem.

Just in case your game somehow corrupted a file in Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2 (etc) and you do have to reinstall, write protect all your package files after you reinstall and patch.

Rose/Miros
Mikoyo80

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 05:31:45 pm »

Just to let you all know that after trying all of the above suggestions, I found that for some reason the problem was being caused by a corrupted neighbourhood. Simply removing the offending folder didn't do the trick though, I ended up having to back up my downloads, delete the entire EA folder from My Documents and letting the game generate a new one. Oh well, at least everythings working again now, but guess who's gonna have to restart her prosperity challenge DOH2

Thank you everyone for your help Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: