Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 08:26:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with zip files?  (Read 1544 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« on: August 29, 2010, 03:59:19 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I need help putting multiple files (recolors of meshes, and mesh included, etc...) into one .zip or .rar or whatever file so that they are easier to download... can someone teach me or point me toward a tutorial or something? I tried google but it didn't really help....  Undecided

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 04:08:52 pm »

You need a programme that can pack zip/rar files. Allzip/7zip or whatever you can find.

There will be an option to pack files. Mark the files you want to pack, and hopefully there is a menu if you right-click. If not, then open an empty window of the zip file program and copy the files over, before you save the archive. There are different methods for each program, but it's easy to learn if you just take a look at the one you have. Most are quite easy to understand.

Also, make sure the zip files has a ".zip" ending, and not ".7zip" or something other. ".zip" are most versatile, and most unzippers can open them. If there are different file formats to choose from, there will usually be an option for ".zip" files. Rar files has only one format that I know of (.rar).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 04:14:34 pm »

I already have that... and now I've got it because before I tried dragging them all in but the file was messed up so that it wouldn't work, I've fixed it now and it works.  Wink Thanks though!

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: