Insimenator.org
May 23, 2024, 10:56:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: My game is crashing whenever..  (Read 16519 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 05:21:01 pm »

This is one of those annoyingly ambiguous error codes that could mean anything from the issues already mentioned with too much RAM being utilized to bad RAM, graphic/sound drivers that need updating and even bad graphic cards or sound cards. It can even be caused with errors in your Antivirus program and the Sims games are notorious for conflicting with antivirus. As BlooM mentioned above me, this can also be caused by running your game with the wrong disk.

I've seen this problem caused by all of the above issues.  

If you have recently updated your graphic drivers and are seeing this issue since then, try rolling them back. If you haven't, then try updating your drivers. It wouldn't hurt to try running your game with you Antivirus disabled.

What OS/service pack are you running? This might be helpful too and could open up a few more possible solutions.  

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 06:03:08 pm »

I am running the right disk, the latest EP. If I had the wrong one the game wouldn't even start without telling me I think.
it's just soo weird because I mean when I first got this computer I had well over 100k files, messy and probably all sorts of crap in there yet I had NO issue with crashing or anything like that. Never had it crash once on me, and I was the type to DL tons of mods and junk. Yet it worked fine. I didnt even know what a patch was (like for the game lol).

Yet after I had some issues with another program and had to reformat my PC I am now having issues with the game..and I dont know why.

I don't think I have updated my graphics drivers, I don't even know what that is. And I wouldn't know how to.
And I don't think I can disable norton, it just sorta automatically runs. Unless you mean uninstall it o.0

And I don't know what an OS is...?? do you mean what kind of PC do I have?? I have a gateway, and use vista.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 06:06:37 pm »

OS is your operating system. Smiley

What graphic card are you using?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 06:12:59 pm »

I don't know...>.> lol

I don't remember ever putting a graphics card into my computer, do they just come with computers?? if so how would I find it? ^^

edit//

Can someone help me with the MTS2 memory 3gb enabler thing?? ;_;
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:20:13 pm by Ancabee » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 08:39:15 pm »

Hmm... crash course in computer tecchie stuff, maybe? I sure could need one... I slept through half of the building and installing of my own computer (I did not do it myself - but I was supposed to keep some attention. Instead, I curled up in the tiny chair next to my quite big bed, and was woken up when my computer-tecchie (now ex-) boyfriend was tired enough to fall asleep standing, computer nearly done Wink. He's the kind of guy who builds his own computer, mostly swears to Linux, and writes his own more or less advanced scripts... He was in my class at 3D anim/design, practically the only one who knew how to write scripts... after 3 years with script writing and computer tecchie stuff at uni. Need I even say more?)

If you go to the computer store and buy a computer (like I assume you did), then everything is already built in, including the graphics card. It's usually possible to change parts, but if you don't have a clue, you'll only mess up if you do it yourself. If you have no clue what to do, then you should try to find someone who can help you, or go to some sort of computer center where they can help. Computer/electro store isn't really recommended (unless they specialize in computers), as they're more interested in selling than actually knowing what they sell.

I'm not so sure you should be doing the 3GB enabler yourself... It might help for your game, but with little to no knowledge of this type of more advanced tecchie stuff, you could do more harm than good. If you decide to do it, find someone who can show you, or who can do it for you.
I got it explained, saw it done to one file, and did the rest myself.

Norton can be turned off.
I rarely do, though. My net tends to act weird when I turn it off, and is unsecured, so I want my computer protected... I actually have both Norton and Avast running. Doubly protected  Undecided

And CC files comes in many sizes, anything from a few KB to several MB. 40k files can be just as hard for your computer as 100k files, if they're both 10GB in size.

High poly levels can cause memory crashes too (like mesh-detailed furniture, or peggy/coolsims/newsea hair, which are often very high in poly). Lots of new things that the game has to create thumbnails for, borked meshes or modded objects, mods and hacks... plenty of things.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 08:45:35 pm »

Is it possible that you have some content for a pack that you don't have? I did that once and man, were the crashes ever epic.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 08:55:59 pm »

I have all the EPs and SPs...and I have scanned my DL folders for duplicates and got rid of all of them.

So basically theres nothing I can do? I don't know anyone else that plays the sims 2 really and my parents are soo not computer people lol ;_;

my computer says I am using less than half of my 4GB, and the game only crashes when I click on sub-categories in the buy or build mode even though I have CUSTOM neighborhood objects and can access those without issue, I can't fix it? ;_;

Theres no way it's a file issue, I had ALL of the same exact files and programs installed when I first had this computer. All I was doing was simply putting my files back..the same ones as before >.< I don't even have any hairs or clothes added to folders yet, just the objects..I scanned everything with norton...and its all okay.

;_; oh well...I guess I'll stick to playing with bodyshop then Sad

edit/

I found this and it looks like the problem I am having...I remember when scanning with SimPe before I got that system out of memory error also. Even though the files were taking up less than half of my PC's memory.

http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/sims2/What-to-do-if-you-get-a-SystemOutOfMemoryException-Error

what do you think??
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:31:21 pm by Ancabee » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 09:55:53 pm »

That's basically what the 3GB enabler does.
You could try, but remember to back up the files you're editing, and it's probably a good idea to back up the rest, too. 

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 10:13:57 pm »

do you think you could add me on msn or whatever you use for IM to help me through it?? I dont want to mess up anything. I have all my DL's backed up already and am ready to try this out! ^^
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 11:04:21 pm »

It's not crashing at random times,  it's crashing only when all of the object folders are in the DL folder and I load a lot, and click on any of the sub-categories in the build or buy section. If I remove all the object folders, it is fine. There is an object causing this but since I have removed and place each object folder in one at a time and it worked perfectly; I have no way of finding out what files are not working together apparently.

So its most likely that 2 objects conflict.
Enable the popupscreen(done in the game options) wich let you view any conflicts when booting the game.

No longer active
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 11:27:31 pm »

okay I will try that now..hope it works >.<

the game pointed out a few of the CEP objects..?

and two mods of mine, that anoneska whatever painting mod, and the towel mod.

I am not sure about the zCEP objects though. I will disable them all though and see what happens then..

edit/

nope wasn't the mods, I removed the folder altogether and it still crashes. -_-
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:58:24 am by Ancabee » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 04:10:43 am »

You could try to load a little CC at a time. Put in some CC, click on every item so that the game generates thumbnails, go out, move out the CC, move in some more, and continue like this until you've gone through everything.

Takes time, but if it is memory crashes, the game might go less crazy if thumbnails are already created. If there are borked items in there, you might even find them doing this.

My site:

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 07:28:27 am »

like Raven said but delete your caches first!

No longer active
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 08:29:53 am »

And probably thumbnail caches, too. They could be borked...

Path:
Your user name >> Documents >> EA Games >> The Sims 2 >> Thumbnails.
There are five files, and all are safe to delete, but the game will use more time when running, as it has to regenerate them.

The others safe to delete you find loose in the "The Sims 2" folder. Four files named Cigen, Accessory.cache, Groups.cache, and Contentregistry. They regenerate every time you open or close Bodyshop, or run the game. Tends to go borked a lot (I always delete them after closing Bodyshop and before starting the game)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 08:42:21 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 03:55:07 pm »

You could try to load a little CC at a time. Put in some CC, click on every item so that the game generates thumbnails, go out, move out the CC, move in some more, and continue like this until you've gone through everything.

Takes time, but if it is memory crashes, the game might go less crazy if thumbnails are already created. If there are borked items in there, you might even find them doing this.

I don't know what you mean ;_;

Load each of my object sub-folders one at a time, and click on each of the files then do it again? (they are package files, nothing happens when you click on them...?)

also I always delete my cache, even though my game and bodyshop loads fine with them there I just dont like looking at them lol..still crashes >.<
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: