Insimenator.org
June 01, 2024, 01:32:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone please help me with this?  (Read 3229 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2010, 09:03:51 pm »

http://www.modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=2000628&postcount=12

I'm trying to stop my game from crashing, I've tried everything else. There are no duplicates or conflicting files, or anything wrong with my files.

I need help with doing this process on my game APP files. The problem I am having right now is, I copy the app file into the folder they say to copy into, rename it - and then click the "start me" batch in the folder. Yet the startme file claims I haven't put the right file in. I dont know what to do now; I don't have any exe files in the place they say to find them. I am thinking maybe I am putting the wrong file in.

Can someone help me out here? =)
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 11:57:12 am »

You have to rename it to supremecommander (one word). Make sure it's the app file and not some other file.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 02:21:37 pm »

OHHHHH okay, I had just copy and pasted it from the MTS2 thread XD lol so it was spaced haha ^^
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:25:37 pm »

In the future when you download things, please read the manual carefully before you attempt to install things you are unfamiliar with. Otherwise, you're going to continue to break down and scratch your head in confusion while people around you pound their heads on their desks in despair cause you done it agin...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 02:29:58 am »

^ Exactly  Wink

Read through everything in the manuals, both the "read me" and what it says at MTS, before you even start.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ancabee
Doesn't RTFM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:41:56 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Ancabee, don't take this the wrong way, but I've noticed you have posted this exact problem on at least on other forum and had members jumping through the same hoops beating their heads against their desks trying to help you, only to have you constantly misinterpret what they're suggesting, or not following the instructions properly. You would do yourself a huge favor by learning a bit more about how your computer works and what all this stuff we're talking about means before trying to adjust or fix anything there and, when people suggest you take certain steps to try fixing a problem, actually do all those steps. Otherwise you could be completely missing a fix that might actually work.

Maybe because if ALL my folders work fine on their own, and work fine in multiple different pairings, but crash altogether it's not actually an issue with the files. But an issue with space - except for the fact that I have plenty of space on my PC. Yet according to my actual game log I don't.
Suggesting the same MTS2 "crash steps" bs isn't exactly going to help when I'm telling people it's not an issue with the files that I've scanned, and tested about 20 different times now. (not to mention these weren't even direct downloads, but simply files I was moving from my USB back into my DL folder).

Maybe people should consider the fact that I've had these DL's work perfectly fine just two months ago, and all of sudden I replace two of my EP's and they start to have issues. Or just learn to actually read before suggesting the same generic BS that didn't work when it was first suggested and isn't going to work the other 10 times its suggested. But thanks anyways.  rolleyes

you can lock this thread too btw. and do me a favor and ban this name, since I wont be back anyways. ^^
Bye!

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 05:03:02 pm »

you can lock this thread too btw. and do me a favor and ban this name, since I wont be back anyways. ^^
Bye!

Gleefully done. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, m'dear.

Joy said it best in your other thread:

Ancabee, don't take this the wrong way, but I've noticed you have posted this exact problem on at least on other forum and had members jumping through the same hoops beating their heads against their desks trying to help you, only to have you constantly misinterpret what they're suggesting, or not following the instructions properly. You would do yourself a huge favor by learning a bit more about how your computer works and what all this stuff we're talking about means before trying to adjust or fix anything there and, when people suggest you take certain steps to try fixing a problem, actually do all those steps. Otherwise you could be completely missing a fix that might actually work.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 05:27:31 pm »

*dances with a maniacal glee not felt unless idiots get shown the door or Christmas sugar cookies come into the house* Forum trolls, don't you just love how they try to get people running around to help them and then claim that none of the suggestions work when they've probably not done a single bloody one?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: