Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 06:59:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Crash Frequently  (Read 5116 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
henisacat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 06:34:36 am »

OMG IT WORKED AHAHRHAHRAHRHAHRAR I FIGURED IT OUT AND IT WORKED IT WAS ONLY 2 CAREERS AND AHHAHARHAHHRAHA YES YES SYESSSSSI DANCED AROUND MY HOUSE LIKE A RETARD I WAS SO HAPPY
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 07:18:45 am »

LOL. I'm glad you got it figured out, henisacat. I understand you're happy and excited about it (and don't blame you one bit), but, for future reference, please refrain from typing in all caps.

Also, if you don't mind a bit of additional advice, be very careful with custom careers. They (as well as custom meals) can be even more temperamental than hacks/mods and can cause your game to have fits and spasms. If you haven't already, keep your hack and mods in a separate sub folder within your downloads folder, so they can be easily found if you suspect one of them might be causing a problem. Also, it's a good idea to keep any new downloads in another subfolder for the same reason. I have subfolder for anything new added to my game, which I keep there for about a week or two until I'm sure they don't make my game pitch a fit. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 09:26:46 am »

I don't know if it is of much help, but even TS2 is very dependent of the version of Windows you are using. Previously we had Windows XP Pro (32 bits, 4GB RAM) and all we had was cashes for the most different reasons. Recently we decided to upgrade to Windows 7 in different versions Home Premium, Pro and Ultimate. Though Windows 7 is far from ideal up now, it proved to be much more reliable. Now when you get a serious problem, the system tries to recover and succeed most of the times. I have been experiencing some trouble with graphics that I didn't even know I had before. Windows 7 interrupts the game, recover the graphics drivers and recover again the game from the same point it was interrupted. Instead of crashing the game, now Windows informs you that it ceased to respond. You just wait some seconds and it is all right again. It always ceases to respond when it is loading something very heavy (big lots, too much ccs, etc). At least Windows 7 informs you of the problem, previous versions just crashed.
I think there's no one in the sims community that makes more changes in the game than me. I do not have any other problem and never had to reinstall the game unless I'm really making experiments that requires so (like destroying an EP completely to rebuild it again).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: