Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:19:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Unborked Brokes  (Read 17325 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissBubbles

RAWR! :>

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:50:59 pm »

The Unborked Brokes.

You know the Broke family, with the young single mom Brandi, who's got a teenage son Dustin, and a toddler-soon-to-be-child Beau, and another little one on the way. You've probably read in the description about a mysterious pool ladder incident, killing her husband Skip Broke.
Well, there's so many theories about that, I'm not even going to explain.
There's a suspicious thing about Brandi's unborn baby. It is always a male clone of her. Why is that? Because Brandi and everyone else in the Broke family is BORKED more than everyone knows. Skip is not only dead, but unlinked to the rest of the family. Why is that? We don't know.
So, one day I wanted a little girl for Brandi. I looked about how to get good ol' Skip linked back together. I found a thread and didn't understand it, so I posted this: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,111950.0.html

I got lots of help, thank you majorly to XPTL for helping me, actually, prompting me to make this.

These are all clones of the originals.
The sims were extracted, you may link them like any other family, if you wish. The lot is also a clone. The lot is not the same, since XPTL told me lots get mored borked than sims do. I re-did it. It took me a little over three hours to do, but it's pretty much exactly the same. My pickiness made sure everything I could do right, was. The only major differences are that there isn't pizza on the counter next to the sink, and that the road is different than the original, since that was pretty much unique to the original, borked, lot.

The only credit I want is that I did the unborkedness, and that you don't re-upload and take credit. Yes, this was for myself, but I worked really hard on this, so I'm gonna be pretty pissed if I see somebody taking credit for my hard work.

Included with this are the Brokes, Brandi, Skip, Dustin, and Beau, to wreck havoc upon as you may wish.

BodyShop Pictures:

Ingame Pictures:

Pictures of the house:

Outside front:

Floor Plan:

Backyard:

Kitchen:

Dustin's Room:

Bathroom:

Brandi's Room:

Thank you for downloading!

* TheUnborkedBrokes_Thumbnail.jpg (63.22 KB, 281x311 - viewed 27808 times.)
* UnborkedBrokes.rar (1559.61 KB - downloaded 1006 times.)

All you have to do is swat me with a roll of newspaper and I\'ll behave.
erinmblair
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:41:05 pm »

That looks great! Cheesy
MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 02:46:46 pm »

Why, Thank you! Cheesy

I worked hard on making it as much of a copy as I could, I'm extremely picky when it comes to my houses. That's why I haven't uploaded any before now. Tongue

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 07:52:55 am »

Thank you for the work-I'm surprised nobody has ever done this, that I know of. They're all about that woman, Bella Goth. Not ole' Skip!

Now, if one can find Darleen Dreamer and the rest of the "lost souls" of the game, such as Michael Bachelor, that will fill it out nicely. (I'm not asking you to do that, believe it or not.)

There was only one place in the Sims community that had the entire original families extracted and it has gone out of business, sadly.

MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 07:58:57 am »

Oh, I was planning on doing the rest of the neighborhood. ^^
Just, the Brokes and the Pleasants are my favorites, so I think I'll just re-make their houses.
I have the Pleasants and the Goths extracted and in bodyshop already, it's just a matter of getting them ready. I anyone wants them with out a lot right now, I can send you the copies of them, just shoot me a PM. 

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 06:37:49 am »

You will have no problems to do it. Darlen Dreamer and Michael Bachelor are not borked. All you have to do is to ressurrect them on a special way. If you have any object for perfect ressurrections, use it but don't keep them in the lot. Instead use something to throw them in the Townies family. Darlen has all the memories about her son Dirk (I think) but she is also unlinked, so she doesn't have any link to the husby. So, do it this way: 1) ressurrect her; 2) Put her in the Townies family; 3) Develop the relationship between her and the supposed husband; 4) kiss, make-out, engage and marry her to the man, because she is unlinked and you cannot repair this. She will move in like a brand new (old) family member. And you got it. Unfortunately all the other relatives are not just unlinked but have no character data and there's nothing that can be done about it.
Michael Bachelor: he has no clue that he was even married to Dina Caliente. If she did, she would be named Dina Bachelor. Those characters were rudely transferred from other hoods. If you don't know, if you transfer sims from one hood to another, they will bring all their relationships as no character data. This is what was done as ignorance of facts. Do the following to Michael Bachelor: 1) ressurrect him; 2) Throw him in the Townies family and Voila you got it. Michael don't fit at all Dina Caliente and it is waste of time to recover their relationship. Instead he has links to Bella Goth and could make a family reunion. Just as explanation, when you throw a borked or unlinked character in the Townies family, the first time they visit a lot, the game will try to recover their data the best possible. There are globals to give them zodiac sign, job, interest, even those FT nonsenses. So, the game will make the job for you. Have fun!
MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:25:51 am »

o.o
So, if I get Bella back, it's possible to get Micheal back through family reunions? o.O *confused*

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 11:48:55 am »

Nope, If you ressurrect Michael and place him in the Townies Family, he will be in the same family as Bella. Don't think about it, just do it. Bella is very easy to recover. She is somewhere in the default family. Use Simpe, find her and throw her in the Townies Family. Everybody that you throw in the Townies Family you have only to wait that they show up as visitor in a lot. Do not teleport them, wait patiently, or get your sims and visit community lots. One day they will meet them and then you can play them normally. There are some nuances in this game that you only discover if you PLAY it. The game is not so borked as you may think. There are some measures that were taken to correct obvious mistakes. EA can be very poor in creativity but they still have professionals that know how to do their job. Trust them sometimes, mainly if play your game you will see that technically it is not that bad.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 03:18:42 pm »

One thing I would recommend you do if you do play a resurrected sim: get the Bat box from MATY and clean their memories up. That way any "borkedness" is limited. I've read where a resurrected sim who has no character files in the game will cause the game to blow up-but I haven't tried it, except once. It's said that the "no character" files problem has to be fixed with SimPE and inserting appropriate memories.

MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 03:35:25 pm »

I think I'll be happy just playing clones... o.o

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 11:45:08 am »

I didn't understand the "no character" files. I know the "no character data" files and they are absolutely impossible to ressurrect, because they were irreparably destroyed. I don't know about the Bat box but if you use the FFS debugger and the option "Memory - fix corrupt", almost all the memories of the sims that came with the game will be erased. It is very simple, if you make a copy of any of your played hoods and change the hood number, for example you change from hood N004 to N104 just to have two exact copies of the same hood, you can't use FFS fix corrupt memory in the copy. It will consider all memories as corrupted, just because the hood number is not matching. This is what happened to all the three Base Game hoods, they had probably other numbers before. All the borkness in those hoods were caused by experiments before the game was released. The worst and most borked are the Brokes, just because EA has probably experimented with Scripting in this lot. Bella Goth was probably lost in some experiments. Do you remember that the first EP released introduced a Gypsy woman that if you contacted her, Cassandra Goth disappeared from the game without a trace? Do you remember the babies that suddenly disappeared from the game and they were nowhere to find? What you are doing when you insist in recover mishappenings from suspicious experiments is to bork your whole game even more. To say the truth I don't understand why keeping the original look of the characters are so important. I reafirm that Skip Broke is just a copy of the Body Shop Manequim. There's no way he can be the father of Dustin. The original Skip has the look of the model Dustin is alike, you know, the one with pancake face and boxer beaten nose. I recreated Skip using this original model and I really got the two boys, one exactly like Dustin and the other exactly like Bo. So, you are recovering the look of the borked character not the original. I made it even more simple: I recreated all the families using my own taste for models, so my games are composed of 25 families that are full-time available for placing on any hood. All I have to do is to move them in. When I have to reinstall the game for any reason, I simply delete the 3 hoods and place mine.
I agree with you Miss Bubles - play clones.
MissBubbles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 01:14:33 pm »

I got the lots for all of pleasantview, just gotta package them and get the rest of the sims cloned. And take my defaults out to take pictures.

Carol

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 05:15:46 am »

Thank you for this, I have tried to download the trailer and it says an expansion pack is needed, I have all expansion packs. Also, the brokes are only in bodyshop? Where are the particulars for them - zodiac, traits. Anyway I thank you for all your hard work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: