Insimenator.org
May 16, 2024, 07:10:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bodyshop problem  (Read 2813 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
duude

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:21:35 am »

ok, i have the sims 2, al of the stuff packs, and need 2 expansion packs, wich are freetime, and the traveling one, whos name will not come to me now.  when i right-click on the sims 2 and click on bodyshop, it asks me if i want to run this as an admin, i click yes, or i click no, the same thing happens:  nothing.  it doesent open, then crash.  it doesent give me any sort of error, it just gives me the hourglass, then stops, then nothing. it does not even show up in task maneger, even under processes.  IT. JUST. DOES. NOTHING.  i am playing on a windows 7 hp paviloin laptop.  when i first got it, it opend SOMETIMES, but now it just refuses to open.  but when it DID open, it worked FINE, so dont say that my computer is not good enough, becuase i have proven it is.  it worked someyimes before.  anyone have any idea what is wrong?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:31:06 am »

Tried to delete the cache files? There are four, and they renew every time you run your game or Bodyshop, and often go bugged. It's safe to delete them.

Accessory.cache
Groups.cache
cigen.package
contentregistry

You find them in the "the sims 2" folder (where the Downloads folder is located).

If you click "no" to the "run as admin", the program usually won't do anything.
If it does show up in the task manger, it is loading. If the window is loading, it's running. Sometimes (if you have a lot of downloads, in the several Gigabyte range) it spends a while loading. Anything from a couple of minutes to an hour or two is normal, largely depending on how much downloads you've got.

If it crashes after you've deleted the cache files, you might have some buggy stuff in your Downloads/SavedSims folders.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
duude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 12:09:35 pm »

Tried to delete the cache files? There are four, and they renew every time you run your game or Bodyshop, and often go bugged. It's safe to delete them.

Accessory.cache
Groups.cache
cigen.package
contentregistry

You find them in the "the sims 2" folder (where the Downloads folder is located).

If you click "no" to the "run as admin", the program usually won't do anything.
If it does show up in the task manger, it is loading. If the window is loading, it's running. Sometimes (if you have a lot of downloads, in the several Gigabyte range) it spends a while loading. Anything from a couple of minutes to an hour or two is normal, largely depending on how much downloads you've got.

If it crashes after you've deleted the cache files, you might have some buggy stuff in your Downloads/SavedSims folders.
it does not even get to the point to where it even CAN crash, it just does not open.i deleted the cache files, and that did nothing. it still does NOT show up in task maneger, or processes, nor does the window open.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 12:18:29 pm »

Have you tried to move out your downloads and try again?

And are you using the correct version? Usually it's the bodyshop version that belongs to the splash screen when you start the game.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
duude

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 12:36:09 pm »

Have you tried to move out your downloads and try again?

And are you using the correct version? Usually it's the bodyshop version that belongs to the splash screen when you start the game.

yes,i cleared out my downloads and it still does that.  and using the correct version? of what?  bodyshop?  that came with the game, and theres more than one version?  and i open it from right-clicking on the main game, then choosing bodyshop, i did not know that you can open it in-game...
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 01:14:43 pm »

A new version of Bodyshop comes with each EP and some SPs.  
If you're using, say the Seasons version, but your highest EP is AL (or MG, which is considered an EP), then it won't work properly.

Try to run it from this path (might be slightly different, depending on what operative system you use):
C://local disk --> Program Files --> EA GAMES --> [your newest EP] --> CSbin --> TS2Bodyshop

If you run Vista (maybe also Windows 7), you can go to the newst EP in the start menu, and click on Bodyshop there.

---------
What I meant about the splash screen, is that (with a few exceptions) it shows which EP/SP is your "latest", which means this is the Bodyshop version you should run. Might not work this way if you've not installed the games in the proper order (in publication order, from basegame to MG).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:22:09 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

duude

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 01:37:19 pm »

A new version of Bodyshop comes with each EP and some SPs.  
If you're using, say the Seasons version, but your highest EP is AL (or MG, which is considered an EP), then it won't work properly.

Try to run it from this path (might be slightly different, depending on what operative system you use):
C://local disk --> Program Files --> EA GAMES --> [your newest EP] --> CSbin --> TS2Bodyshop

If you run Vista (maybe also Windows 7), you can go to the newst EP in the start menu, and click on Bodyshop there.

---------
What I meant about the splash screen, is that (with a few exceptions) it shows which EP/SP is your "latest", which means this is the Bodyshop version you should run. Might not work this way if you've not installed the games in the proper order (in publication order, from basegame to MG).
that worked. thank-you very much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: