Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 04:48:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Customised Statues  (Read 2569 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Daphne

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:31:11 pm »

Is there a mod to create statues out of dead / living Sims, that could be worshiped or mourned?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 01:16:23 pm »

There is no sculpturing function ingame, so I don't think so. The only way would be through making new sculptures as objects, which might be a bit complicated (at least if you don't know how to mesh or extract meshes).

Unless you mean sims 3? I know they can make sculptures of other sims with enough skill points in sculpturing.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Daphne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 06:19:35 am »

Thanks Theraven. I guessed it would be so, unfortunately. Could you point me to any tutorials for extracting meshes and converting them into objects?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:38:20 am »

Extracting face meshes from existing sims might need a more advanced approach, but tutorials for extractung regular meshes are pretty much everywhere. I used the Modthesims tutorial section (it has maintenance mode at the moment) to learn it, but Garden of Shadows has some tutorials on this, too. There might also be some in the tutorial section here at Insim.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Daphne

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 06:08:22 pm »

Thanks for the hints! I've found Gardenofshadows's website and will give a thorough look ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: