Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 09:11:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons snow  (Read 3969 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
enze

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:31 am »

Hi, i am having trouble in my neighborhood. Everytime i load my neighborhood with snow (last family loaded was winter season) it crashes everytime i enter a family to be played. I removed seasons and there seems to be no crash so far. But since i like this expansion I am going to reinstall it but I am sure this problem would persist once my neighborhood is with snow. Does anyone know how to remove the snow off the neighborhood without removing the seasons expansion pack? I want to retain the winter season so I just want to remove the snow off the neighborhood. Thanks
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:59:36 am »

First, what are your computer specs? Seasons is a resource hungry EP, so it's possible your system isn't able to run it efficiently. It will be easier to help you if you tell us more about the computer you're running. We'll need to know your OS (Operating System), processor speed, RAM memory and video card.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:23:50 am »

You can turn off snow on the ground in the settings (do it on an empty lot or something).

You can also turn off weather by using a hack, but you'll have to place it on the lot for it to work.
http://www.simwardrobe.com/ --> objects --> other --> Seasons and Weather Controller (a green vase)

the 'hood shows the season of the last loaded lot, so if it was winter when you went out of the lot, there will be winter in the 'hood too.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
enze

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 07:06:37 pm »

I admit i have a slow pc i have windows xp 2ghz 2gb ram. Anyway there was no prob until my hood is with snow. I just want to get rid of the snow on the neighborhood thats all.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 07:44:27 pm »

What about your video card?

I don't think you can get rid of the snow in the neighborhood only, but I could be mistaken.

Off the top of my head, one thing I can suggest, without knowing more about the problem (error messages, etc), is to update your video drivers.

enze

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 08:47:07 pm »

GT 220 2gb vram, I have a good video card it automatically set my game play to high. Anyway thanks for your help!

In an additional query related to this matter, is there some kind of a file in the programs/ea games/seasons folder that can be deleted that wont enable snow in the neighborhood terrain?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:07:30 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 11:15:09 pm »

I've merged your two posts together. Instead of replying to yourself within a 24 hour period, please use the modify button to edit your last reply. Thanks.

Now, in regards to your video card, can I get more information? It's NVIDIA, I assume, but what model? GeForce GT 200, GT 650M or... what? There are a few NVidea cards with 2gb vram. Knowing the exact model will help me find if your specific card is compatible. With Sims 2 there are some newer cards that just don't play well.

As for the files in the Programs folder, I would not recommend playing with any of those, as it can cause your game to explode even worse than it already is.

Edit to add:

Are you getting any error messages when it crashes? Is there an error log generated? To check, look in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs and you should see a file looking something  like ObjectError_N001_t23001.txt (not exactly - numbers will be different depending on what neighborhood, etc you're playing in). If it's there, it would be helpful if you could upload it as an attachment to your reply. Just click on "Additional Options" on the bottom left corner beneath the reply box, browse for the file and hit "Save".
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:24:18 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: