Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 09:21:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selective Custom Content Issue.  (Read 2433 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Apis

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2011, 04:29:05 am »

HI people, I have a real problem... only about 10% of the Custom Content I have imported into my downloads folder is showing.

Its got me pickled, as if I had made any mistakes with the extraction from their zips, then NOTHING should show, at first I thought maybe it was just CC loaded via a custom sim, but double checking, its not, a small amount of my build CC (which wasnt down loaded with any lot).. is showing.. and some selected skins not associated with the three custom sims I loaded.. shows just fine... and I used the same process to load ALL the CC.

I thought perhaps I had made a miskate with how much could be handled when loading into my CC sub folder, as I initially down loaded all the zipped files for the custom content I wanted to one folder on my desk top, then once all assembled, extracted to my CC folder all at once, some 2,400+ files.

OK, so I deleted all the CC, from the downloads folder, went back, and loaded it 5 files at a time, and only a few hundred items (many of which where Read Me txts, Pics, and other things).. and still.. SOME selected CC loads through... the rest just doesnt exist

Has anyone had this issue before, anyone have any ideas, or is there some kind of known issue for CC since a particular update (I hadnt run the Sims for a while, and whilst reinstalling all my EPs it was checking for updates and updated PEts twice, and some other things)?

I am not getting messages when the game loads, at the CC screen, as in I am not seeing and of the CC which HAS loaded, with a ! in yellow beside it and I am not using anything which is incompatible with my EPs, IE.. I have All Eps through Seasons, and Family Fun, Glamour, Ikea and Mansion and Garden Stuff packs.. I am not using any CC for bon Voyage, Free Time or Apartment Life. and I am actually now really lost as to what the issue might be.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:11:42 am »

Try to follow this FAQ on how to get CC to show up.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Apis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:58 pm »

Thanks I trawled back through about 7 pages of this forum until I found a link to the MTS FAQ in regards to CC, turns out the body shop trick fixed my problem, which in way is great, but its the only way which also doesnt seem to actually identify what the problem is hehe, still, I guess mean what the problem was, and I should be happy with that, thanks heaps people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: