Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:05:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Midwifery Custom Career Help  (Read 18113 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2012, 03:15:47 am »

My copy of your career isn't letting me add anything other than the chance cards--no Career Reward for this career.  (Which I don't mind, actually, since it's for a Medieval version of the Midwife, anyhow.)

I have Dullahan's name and association with insimenator.org, and I will also make sure that all of the credit is listed in the post for this potential download, too.  NOT a problem!  Credit where credit is due!

I'm trying a few things to try to hammer out the money math problem myself...but thank you for the offer!  Hopefully I won't have to bother you with fixing the Career...

Cool

Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:34:09 pm »

I posted the Medieval Midwifery Career at the Plumb Bob Keep where NaomiJameston has asked the following:

Oooh!!! This looks awesome!! But will it conflict with the one on MTS? (This one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=452811)

Soooo...DOES it?  Or do you know..?

Cool

Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »

No, all custom careers should use different GUIDs, so they do not conflict.
You DID give your edit of mine a custom GUID, right?

Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 01:32:35 am »

Thank you for your prompt reply--I believe that Miss Naomi was--in the vernacular of the tragically hip: yanking my chain.

And all I did was edit the career so that it had dialog that reflected a Medieval flavor as well as putting Chance cards back with it.  The Career Editor didn't let me do anything else with it.

Cool
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 10:35:24 am »

Oh, so you're not familiar with making careers? It is no problem, seeing as people who download the medieval version most likely use my version as well, but,
To change the GUID, open the career in SimPE, go to Object Data, and there is a thing that has the GUID. There should be something like 'Get GUID' or 'Make GUID'. Click that, and create a new one.

Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:11:17 am »

I can't seem to get the OBJD to **do** anything.  I have opened the file in SimPE, and I click on the part that reads:  Object Data OBJD (1)--but nothing happens, and I don't know which of the other buttons across the top to click on, either.
Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 11:08:52 am »

Okay, in the OBJD section, there is a white box that has numbers and letters in it. Click the button next to it that says "Get GUID"

You'll probably have to make a new username and all, so after you do that, click "Register object"

And after you do that, a new instance will appear in the box next to the get GUID button. Copy and paste that into
"Fallback GUID"
Then commit and save.

Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 12:28:29 pm »

Nope.  My screen doesn't look like yours--it looks like THIS:

There is no button beside it nor is there whatever that display is under it.  I click and highlight that particular line, but nothing happens and I still have no idea which of the other buttons/icons along the top will get me that display I see in your screenshot.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 12:52:58 pm »

That's because you're lacking the resource window. Have a look under the Window menu and see if you can find it.
After it has popped up, you'll need to click both on the OBJD in the resouce tree and in the resource list for it to show in the plugin view.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 01:23:25 pm »

Thanks, Raven...BUT there is no OBJD in the Resource List window:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 01:35:22 pm »

Like I said, have a look in the drop-down "Window" menu at the top. Your "resource list" option probably isn't chosen. Click that option once, and the window will work.
Your menu might look a bit different, but in my version, the little picture in front of each option is blue when it is active and white when not active.

You'll need at a minimum resource list, resource tree, plugin view and Object Workshop to create things. You'll find all of them in this menu.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:43:32 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 02:10:20 pm »

My display is a little different.  Here is what the program window(s) look like when the Resource List option has the little blue box encircling the icon:

This is what the program window(s) look like when the Resource List option does not have that little blue box:

Notice that neither view shows that OBJD choice in the bottom panel view.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 02:15:00 pm »

Hmm... looks like it has messed up a little. It's possible the window is showing up, but not where it is supposed to be.
If you see at the bottom, a tab named "list " shows up, next to the tab named "finder" when the picture is blue. Try to drag this up to the empty window. That should work.

While you move it, a + shaped window thing will probably show up. Hover the mouse (don't let go) over the + until the correct window change color, and drop the tab there. Should drop into the correct window.

You could also try to reset the view. Explained here: http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=7132.msg632449#msg632449
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:22:37 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 02:38:57 pm »

I found the Reset Layout button and pushed it.  Now my program looks like this:

...what am I supposed to be looking for/highlighting here...?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 02:48:33 pm »

Click "plugin view" at the bottom, and you're good to go.

My site:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: