Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 11:24:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I may need more help with the SimPe and MilkShape3D tutorials  (Read 2266 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sweetness

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2006, 01:56:15 pm »

:cat:

O.K. I have downloaded everything in the list of programs I will need for meshing. I have found many, many tutorials for using the SimPe and MilkShape3D. However I don't think that after trying more than a handful of them that I have been helped by them. I simply want to make body shapes like for example bigger boobs or something, outfits like ball gowns or suits and hair. So far after trying several tutorials I feel I am exactly where I started...clueless.

For one thing I would like to know how to select a mesh that is already in the game or that I have downloaded and tweak it a bit. So far I have managed to make the plane from the plane tutorial that I downloaded from MilkShape but that is about it. lol

I do find that the tutorials with lots of screen shots of what I should be seeing on my screen very helpful, however none have helped me to grasp the concept of how to create any of the above mentioned items.

Could someone please help me here....with school and work I don't have much free time but a lot of the free time that I do have I have dedicated to learning this and I have been trying for weeks now with little results. I would appreciate any help.:dontknow:
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 05:58:09 am »

Sweetness,

I'm confused here - are you meaning that none of the existing tutorials for  Sims 2 body meshing helped you? Or did you just try the tutorials for creating shapes in Milkshape?

If you didn't already do so, you should check the body meshing section in the "create" forums at Mod the Sims 2; you'll find step-by-step illustrated tutorials for beginners - if none of these helps, then I'm not sure what can...
Sweetness

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 10:46:38 am »

LOL....Marvine your response made me laugh because it sounded like you weren't sure if I was playing with a full deck of cards lol. I did go back to all the tutorials that I have tried and you were right I just used object creating tutorials but that is only because when I would go to the milkshape help that is what I would find. I did go to MTS2 and found a ton of tutorials to try so I am off to experiment. Thank you for the help Marvine.

I just have to say this....the people on this site are just so nice and helpful, it's really refreshing to see.:starsmiley:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: