Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 05:42:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Rags and riches: In the end what's the difference? FINALLY UPDATED!  (Read 23228 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 09:40:48 pm »

great update can't wait to see what happens next

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
Fercho

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 02:37:13 pm »

this story is fantastic!! I´m so hooked...
That Madison really is a babe!, and poor Stella. Congrats, really great story. I loved the hotel room, and how Maxis stuff means poverty. LOL

Fercho´s  SPIDER TRAP
 - A psychological thriller with sims - RATED R
missd735

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 05:55:41 pm »

hotrod50s: Thanks for the comment. I'm working on the next chapter already.

fercho: Thanks so much! I was having the worst day, but your reply made me laugh. I dont really know where to find poverty downloads so I guess I had to stick with the simple maxis stuff.

Stay tuned everyone. I'll be posting within a day or so.
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 09:29:10 pm »

Hey missd! Great updates!

Aww... poor stella! Everytime I saw Dawson shouting at her I was thinking "At least what she's doing is legal!!" I think all during that time he's forgotten what his job is!
dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2006, 02:41:59 pm »

Whoops missed the update! This is great, so full of unexpected twists.

It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility!
Fercho

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2006, 01:59:00 pm »

are we getting an update soon? :lol:

Fercho´s  SPIDER TRAP
 - A psychological thriller with sims - RATED R
breena

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2006, 03:05:28 pm »

Missd, I just read your fantastic story...LOVE it!! I feel so bad for Stella and Dawson, update soon. Smiley

sports·man·ship (spôrts'mən-shĭp') n

Conduct and attitude considered as befitting participants in sports, especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and grace in losing.
missd735

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2006, 01:53:21 am »

hey everyone, sorry I haven't updated in so long. School just started so I've been with that. But I'll try to update asap. maybe in the next week or so. Smiley
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 01:07:59 pm »

Please update soon! I want so badly to find out what's going on here! ^^
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 01:27:41 pm »

Wow, I've just read the story so far and I'm hooked! You've inspired me to create some stories of my own - you rock! Tongue

I notice you have quite a bit of custom content in there, some of which I'd be dying to have ... could you share the links please? Pwetty please? Cheesy Like the funky wallpaper / sets of the hotel and surronding areas? You have a really good interior design taste !

-Gemma-
missd735

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2006, 03:12:56 pm »

Simulated Dork, that's so great that I inspired you to write stories!! I found some of my custom content here:
The hotel room [rose petals] - modthesims2.com (you need an account to download, it's free) http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=124068
[rose boquets] - http://sims2sisters.sme.sk/ - under decorative section

alleyway where Dawson found out about Stella - http://www.retailsims.com (click pre-ofb sets, then click cityscape items.

I basically found most of my custom content on modthesims2 by just browsing around. If there's anything else specific you'd like to know about, just let me know.

For all of you who have been faitful in keeping up with this story, don't lose hope! My computer had to be reset and I am rebuilding everything and all my sims. Don't worry, I'll try to have an  update asap! I already have the storyline. Thank you for keeping up!=)
missd735

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 12:58:27 am »

Thank you to everyone who has been keeping up with this story! I'm so sorry it took so long to get an update up, but I had to reboot my whole computer thus erasing all my files. I had to rebuild all my sims 2 sets and remake all my sims. I tried my best to make the sims look exactly how they did before and for the most part I think they do. But there is a slight change in one or two of the characters. Once again, thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy. Any feedback is appreciated.

Madison sipped her steaming cappucino and relaxed as the soothing heat traveled down to her stomach. Fortunately, Lily Halloway was in town for an MTV concert and so the papparzzi were fixated on her arrival on the other side of town. She quietly slipped into the alley and waited upon Dawson's arrival.

That's odd. Bremerton thought to himself. Why would she walk into an alley of all places? Just as he was about to enter the alley himself, he saw a man slip into the same alley Madison had gone into. Interesting. I wonder what's going on here. And so Bremerton wasted no time in finding out. He quietly slid around the corner taking great care not to be heard or seen.

"Dawson! How have you been?" Madison asked cheerfully, glad to see a familiar face. Dawson smiled rather half-heartedly still distracted by the events at home and occupied with the burdens of his sister's absence. Madison almost at once noticed a slight change in his demeanor and mistook it as an error on her behalf. "Is everything alright?" she asked carefully hoping that his mood would change. Dawson nodded attemtping to conceal his fears and feelings of guilt.

"How was your trip?" He asked hoping that the attention would be drawn away from him. "It was nice. I had fun, but it's always good to be home." Madison could tell that something was on his mind and he was very distracted. "Is...everything ok? Do you want to talk about it?" Dawson suddenly looked up fearing that he was being too transparent. He stumbled to find words. "No,...I um...I'm just tired. I had a long week." Madison knew something was definitely wrong, but he wasn't willing to share. "Listen, I've got to get home. My mother wants to talk to me about something." she lied. Dawson half nodded miserably, but tried to keep his head up.

"Well it was nice seeing you again." Dawson said giving Madison yet another half-hearted smile. "I'll see you again some other time." Madison smiled back wondering what was wrong. Something had happened during the time she was away.

Bremerton sneakily slid out of sight and tried to process everything he had just seen and heard. Who was this Dawson? How long had Madison been secretly meeting him? Did this Dawson stand between him and his secure future? Bremerton waited until Dawson came out of the alley and quietly and discreetly followed his path attempting at all costs not to be noticed.

Madison plopped down onto her couch and put her head in her hands. Was it her fault that Dawson was suddenly not himself? She began to jump to conclusions, but stopped herself when she realized what she was doing. Come on, Madison. You don't have the slightest clue what happened. Stop jumping the gun. "Is everything alright darling?" Mrs. Jones' familiar voice echoed through the living room. Madison instantly relaxed her face trying to conceal her inner anxieties as Mrs. Jones took a seat beside her.

"I know why you're so stressed. I'm so sorry that your father and I hadn't told you about the marriage deal earlier. You had a right to know. We were afraid that you would abandon your duties to the Jonestar empires and so we decided to put it off. I see now that it wasn't the right decision." Madison sighed. The whole marriage thing is just a part of my worries.

"Darling, you know that it is VERY important that you take care of this. This business is in your blood and it's your future. You'll find a suitable husband." Madison half smiled wanting to just climb into bed and sleep off all her worries. She wanted to wake up to a perfect life, but that was a wish far out of reach. Mrs. Jones patted Madison's knee for comfort. "Listen dear, I've got to go and meet with the interior designer. We're going to renovate the tea room. Don't you worry too much. Everything will be fine." At that moment, Madison wasn't sure if that was true.

Bremerton kept his distance behind Dawson being extra careful not to seem suspicious or dangerous. Luckily, Dawon didn't notice Bremerton at all, but seemed to keep his eyes towards the ground mumbling to himself. Bremerton took a look around at the environment. It was disgusting with pollution and garbage on the ground. It seemed to be the abandoned part of town that he didn't even know existed. Finally Dawson stopped infront of a house and went in.

"Dawson Blaine, where have you been? I don't need another one of my children missing." the voice of an older woman asked. Bremerton took a mental note remembering the name. For what seemed like hours, Bremerton stood outside the window listening carefully to words said inside the house. He wondered if Madison knew just exactly who this Dawson Blaine was. When he thought he had heard enough, Bremerton quickly and quietly slipped away with a little something up his sleeve.

Stella woke up shivering, a cold sweat running down her forehead. How long had it been since she had left home? A few hours? A few days? She knew she couldn't go back now, not after what she had just done. She knew she had only herself to rely on now.

Trent came into the room and Stella quivered. Although he had been generous enough to let her stay, she still felt unsafe somehow. Trent smirked as he watched her rub her eyes. "Can I get something to eat?" Stella asked quietly. Trent shook his head. "First, you have to pay your rent." Stella sucked in her breath. "I don't have any money." A coy look snuck into Trent's eyes. "Well there are other ways to pay it off." Those words resonated throughout the room. Stella's stomach caved in, but she knew she had to do what she had to do.
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2006, 10:42:28 am »

This is such a great story. Sorry about your computer- that mustve been really terrible!
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2006, 02:00:42 pm »

I'm so glad you could get ayour computer back up and running! I know what it's like to have to set up a computer all over again, I lost all my files once and I hope I never have to go through that again! Great update, keep up your awesome work missd! ^^
missd735

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006, 03:18:21 pm »

ladyrose: yeah, it was horrible to have to rebuild everything and remake all my sims. It was such a pain, but I'm glad everything's alright now. Thanks for the compliment!

Elven_Song: It sucks having to set up a computer all over again doesn't it? I wish there was a way to preserve it all just in case there was some sort of emergency. Anyway, thank you for keeping up with my story.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: