Insimenator.org
May 22, 2024, 11:59:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: all CC Deleted, sims still problem?  (Read 4322 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SomeOranges

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2007, 08:46:41 pm »

I did have hacks installed, but I tried removing one at a time to see if they are the problem. No, it hasn't been fixed this way. So I deleted ALL custom content. I created a new neighborhood. I told sims to disable custom content at startup. Still this happens.
When I click on newspaper : error from the sim. "Missing Action String" conditions: new unplayed neighborhood, no CC, testing cheats enabled (only way to produce the error).

When I click on bookshelf : Error in object. "Object must be a person" so action is rejected.

I had Carrigon's rape hack, but deleted it. I had custom careers, deleted them. I had custom default skins, deleted that. I told the game to disable ALL CC at start up, still the problem remains.
Why still the problem?

My install is Sims 2, Nightlife, Open For Business. no other disk.
Are the hacks still affecting my game somehow?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 09:05:10 pm »

Try deleting The Sims 2\groups.cache.  If that doesn't work, then attach 2 or 3 error files (path in the dialog box).
SomeOranges

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 01:51:28 pm »

groups.cache doesn't appear to cause a problem, but I will reserve this step for later use.

I removed all hacks, regardless of my suspicion, to test one at a time.
NoDisturbingBookcaseInteractions.package  conditions : testing cheats enabled, standard bookcase, base game+nightlife+open for business.

I haven't read any problems with this hack, seen anyone else report a problem. Is my game-install the problem?

Build: 1.3.0.351
at May 25 2006,05:38:31

Object id: 191
name: N001_User00073 - Barbara Lou
Stack size: 6
Error: Object referred to must be a person.
Iterations: 478
  Frame 5:
    Stack Object id: 154
    Stack Object name: Bookcase - Value - Cinderblock
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 8193 name 'Interaction - Read Book' version 32
    from BookCaseGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params:    Locals: 154 0

For the other problem, I had to install a combination of hacks.
elderselfemployed
selfemployed  ( both careers )
noagediscrimination
turn on testingcheats, enter a lot, shift and mouse over ( do not need to click ) newspaper.
Object id: 173
name: N002_User00000 - luky
Stack size: 6
Error: Missing Action String in table.
Iterations: 1
  Frame 5:
    Stack Object id: 84
    Stack Object name: JobData - Adult - Slacker
    Node: 7
    Tree: id 4133 name 'DEBUG - Get Any Job TEST' version -32759
    from Newspaper

Ok, it's hack problem, but I thought I had all hacks deleted? What's the best way to clear out hacks ? Do I need rename them to hackname.off  ? disable custom content with the game startup question? delete all files from MyDocuments folder?  Ugh , it's all so confusing.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:02:08 pm by SomeOranges » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 02:01:08 pm »

You said you removed all hacks and CC.  Now I get the impression that you didn't remove all mods/hacks.  From the Object Error extract here, it looks like this NoDistrubingBookcaseInteractions.package may be the problem.  Does the error still happen when you take it out of your game?
SomeOranges

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 02:15:28 pm »

I thought all were removed. Half-waxed guess is that they attached to sims somehow, but I think you're right. When I cleaned out everything from the Downloads folder shut off the game and restart, the problem disappears. The HackConflictDetectionUnit did not find anything , but I suspect something interferes with the NoDisturbBookcaseInteractions.

why is noagediscrimination.package causing the newspaper problem? I have used the hack prior to August with no error? -without any custom carreers- it still cause the problem. Is it due to the OFB patch 351?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:30:38 pm by SomeOranges » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 02:36:18 pm »

That mod is from MATY site, make sure you are using the right version according to the ep you have install.  That mod never gave me problem, still using it but I am using the Seasons version because I have the Seasons ep.

The nodistubbookcase again might not be the appropriate version for you game, make sure you are using the right one for your ep.  Note that some mods where never updated for newer ep.

If after checking you are using the right now, I suggest posting in the thread of those mods to get help for it.

The hack detection tool will only tell you if mod are conflicting with one another, it won't tell you if a mod should work properly or not.

Deleting the groups.cache file is totally harmless to the game since it will automatically be regenerated the next time you start your game.  Deleting it and letting the game generate a new one is known to help solving some problems.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:42:25 pm by MissDoh » Logged
SomeOranges

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 02:47:54 pm »

Thanks for the help everyone. I will look for a proper version of the hacks. MATY isn't good at supporting their old hacks - just dump in a single post and forget it. I'm off to play a game without hacks for the day.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 03:15:41 pm »

I disagree, MATY is very good at supporting their hacks (except for crammyboy who has disappeared), even the old ones.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 04:05:41 pm »

From my personal research, the one to use with OFB is the updated one he made for Seasons since it is compatible from basic game to Seasons ep.

Pescado is good at giving support as long as it its mods alone doing the problem.  If with that mod only in your game (meaning no other cc at all whatever the kind they are, simply this mod in only) you keep getting this error, please post the error log in the age discrimination thread at MATY so Pescado can take a look at it and fix it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: