Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 04:13:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: career/food mods effect on game  (Read 1363 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cwurts00

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2007, 02:55:06 pm »

I downloaded about 100 different food and career mods.  What can I expect when I play the game.  I heard that some of the mods will replace the maxis-made ones.  I wouldn't mind so much for the food, but what will happen to my sims who already have a job that has been replaced with another career track?  I would like to only have career mods that add to the list of choices, rather than replace others.

Also, with the food mods, I almost want the opposite.  Will the menu for Serve Dinner now have 37 options?  Where is limit here and how is it decided?  What can I expect?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 03:35:38 pm »

For the carreer I would hope and pray the creator would mention in the description if it does or not replace an existing career and simply not install the ones which is mentionning it does replace.

If not specify, I would either ask or not install those if the idea of replacing the original career is something you don't want.   As for the consequences of placing one that replace orignal Maxis one, no idea since I am not using any but I would make sure not to have 2 cc career replacing the same Maxis original career since that could cause problems.

As for food, again I would think it should be specify if it replace or adds to the pie menu.  If it adds to the pie menu chances are you will have a big pie menu too choose from if you install them all so I would be selective if I were you.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 03:38:10 pm by MissDoh » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 03:48:04 pm »

If you have Exnem's food, you shouldn't have any problems with it.  None of it replaces the Maxis items, but become additional options.

There is another type of food which are buyable items, similar to the birthday cake which will be found under the buy options.

Take great care in what careers or foods you add though.  Many of these are early works of various modders and can be buggy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: