Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 08:46:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: One Life: Episode 7 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (last page)  (Read 84222 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2007, 05:59:19 am »

Oh, so she's the one who can walk in sunlight? ... did I miss something?

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2007, 06:00:20 am »

The both can! And oh the trouble that ensues!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2007, 08:00:01 am »

I can imagine :lol:

I was referring to your comment about Andy on my story actually Wink

No requests please
Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2007, 10:52:20 am »

Um I thought that she couldn't walk in sunlight for very long before it became uncomfortable for her?.

Anyway good job on this update. I'm looking forward to the next one.

When the world doesn't adapt to you. you adapt to it.
Gill Grissom- Little Murder
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2007, 08:25:48 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;942464
I can imagine :lol:

I was referring to your comment about Andy on my story actually Wink
Oh! Oh, I'd forgotten about that! Yeah, this is her (dahlia). From one of my oldest families.

Quote from: Pandora Moon;942708
Um I thought that she couldn't walk in sunlight for very long before it became uncomfortable for her?.

Anyway good job on this update. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Unless I fudged up somewhere (and this is entirely possible), she hasn't been out in the sun for any prolonged periods of time. I followed what I consider logic for scenes in the castle, though. If vampires can't be awake in the day because of the sun, then it would stand to reason that if the sun can't get to them, it shouldn't matter, right? At least, that's the way I see it. Maxis doesn't agree that if you make a building with no windows vampires should be able to be up during the day. That's why Inamorta had all the windows removed from the castle. She didn't want to be a slave to the sun, so she made a world where there would always be an endless night. Pretty complex for a 10 year old, huh?

EDIT: Did that make any sense? It might not have...
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2007, 09:10:57 pm »

Something that doesn't though - she's ten. Vampires don't age, in body or mind, at least going by Interview with the vampire. You employed that with Giovann in fact - him being immature because he's only nineteen - yet you have a ten year old acting in her thirties. Slight inconsistency isn't there...?

Not to nitpick, but something that just occurred to me from reading the latest chapter.

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2007, 05:44:11 am »

Well, Inamorta is WAAAAY older than Giovann. Even though he's been living with Inamorta, her habits and ways of being haven't exactly rubbed off on him. I did have Interview with a Vampire and Dracula somewhat in mind when I wrote this, and (at least in my mind) this still kinda flows along with it. If you remember Santiago, he was kinda like Giovann: he's a vampire, and has been one for a while, but his actions are still childish (the poking and making fun of and prodding of Louis) and somewhat immature. He was always being reprimanded by the group "leader" (I forget his name). A lot of it is fear, too, as you will find out in the next couple of updates;)

I don't know how well this comes across, but they're also from two different ages. Giovann is more of a modern vampire, and Inamorta is kinda old school. With her, I really had Dracula (the original) in mind. She can do stuff that many modern vampires can't even dream of. She will always be stronger than everyone. That will get talked about in upcoming updates, too.
Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2007, 12:02:29 pm »

Quote from: babyblue1387;943566

Unless I fudged up somewhere (and this is entirely possible), she hasn't been out in the sun for any prolonged periods of time. I followed what I consider logic for scenes in the castle, though. If vampires can't be awake in the day because of the sun, then it would stand to reason that if the sun can't get to them, it shouldn't matter, right? At least, that's the way I see it. Maxis doesn't agree that if you make a building with no windows vampires should be able to be up during the day. That's why Inamorta had all the windows removed from the castle. She didn't want to be a slave to the sun, so she made a world where there would always be an endless night. Pretty complex for a 10 year old, huh?

EDIT: Did that make any sense? It might not have...

I wasn't refering to the lack of windows in the castle it makes sense why you did that. I was refering to the comment at the end when Dahlia was asking Basura what were the three things in the house that they couldn't find anywhere else and Basura said that one of the things was the fact that they could walk in the sun. When in a earlyer chapter you said that Dahlia could only walk in the sun for a short period of time before it became uncomfortable for her.

Thourgh now that I think about it maybe Basura was just saying that's it rare for vampires to be able to walk in the sun at all. Even if Dahlia can only walk comfortably in sunlight for a short time.

It is silly that Maxis made it so that if vampires get up during the day the sun still burns them even though there's no windows. (I know I tried it myself)

See ya :smile:

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2007, 12:16:30 pm »

Yeah, I was gonna say about that "at least she can go out in it at all". I'm also in agreement about Maxis and windows, but since when have they made sense or thought about things like this anyway? Wink

It'd be cool if there was some kind of mod that fixed that, but for now I'll settle for Monique's indoor decay hack Wink Got that many vampires in my game (yes, I have a soft spot for them Wink), wouldn't be without it.

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2007, 06:37:43 pm »

Yeah. In this world, it's very, very rare for vampires to be able to walk in the sun, for however long that may be. Normally, there's instant smoking, followed quickly by death. For Dahlia and Basura, they could be out in the sun for about four hours before they start to feel the burning and whatnot.

And Sadie, I'll be eagerly awaiting that mod, too!
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2007, 10:43:46 am »

Through the time I’d known Basura, I’d never imagined that she could walk in sunlight. I understood then why she wasn’t in a hurry when we first met. I didn’t know it, but things were about to get really weird. Basura looked around, then seeing that the coast was clear, pulled me into a small room.

“I was waiting for Inamorta to say something, but I don’t think she has any plans to. You and I are very rare, very wanted. Coveted by many vampires for many, often foolish, reasons. Many want to know what gives us this power. They believe a cure can be found in our blood. Not everyone can live forever. Of all the vampires in the world though, Inamorta is probably the one most meant for eternal life. She so perfectly understands security and necessary living arrangements and allies. The two of us being here pose a big security problem for her. She won’t, however, allow our “power” to fall into someone else’s hands. Someone has let loose that Inamorta is hiding at least one vampire who can walk in the sun. I have always taken great pains to hide this from everyone. Even Giovann doesn’t know. Unless someone told him.”

“Why would Inamorta tell him?”

“I’m not so sure it was Inamorta. It would go against everything that she’s worked for. I know that we’ve been watched on a number of occasions, and I will admit that I might not have been as careful as I thought. Someone may have noticed something.”

I digested what Basura had told me. I felt somewhat cheated. I’d just arrived here, had just begun to get comfortable in this life. Now there was a great chance I’d loose it all.

“Should our lifestyle actually be compromised, Inamorta has a plan in place for us. She has gone through this several times before, and I can assure you that she is most effective when it comes to this.”

“How long have you been with her?”

“Since before she was Inamorta. We’ve spent time apart, but mostly I’ve stuck with her. Everything I know, I’ve learned from her. She took me from Belize right after I was turned. I offered her kindness, and in return, she offered me knowledge and security. She needed someone to act as a guardian when she was out. I’d become that person. The next day, she found out that I could walk in the sun. As she closed her coffin, she watched me as I looked out the window. On our third night together, she risked her life to see if it was true. She told me that I was special, and that others would come for my life. I didn’t believe her until it actually happened. It was Inamorta who told me to live as if I couldn’t walk in the sun. All this before she became Inamorta.”

“And have you always been Basura?”

“Always. And I always will be. Inamorta used to laugh because I was holding on to something so human. I laughed when she got rid of something so human. And you, Dahlia, who has changed much about her that was human over these past years, will you change your name, too?”

“No. I will always be Dahlia. It means a lot to me.”

“As a name should.”

I felt myself warming up to Basura, though her warning still sat heavy on my mind. And whether she meant it or not, she also planted suspicion in my mind. We would have continued our conversation, but Giovann was coming around the corner. We could hear his heavy footsteps. He was talking to someone. It could only be Inamorta because the footsteps were so light, almost non-existent.

“I swear to you, I told no one.”

“You may not have said to them we have a vampire who walks during the day. You may have said I have the secret to life.”

“Well, how does that translate to we have Dahlia here?”

“To a vampire, life is to be able to walk in the sun.”

“Well I said nothing to any of them.”

I could hear my mother’s footsteps coming down the hall from the opposite direction. Basura and I stepped outside the room, a little anxious to hear if trouble found us.

“They are talking. I hear them on the street. A warning to you all: guard yourself well. Keep your secrets close to you.”

Inamorta fixed us all with a stern stare. I could almost see her mind working.

“I hope you have alternate living arrangements in place.”

“Are we preparing for the worst?” Basura asked.

“No. No, I don’t think we need to quite yet, but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared. I don’t have an idea of who the enemy is right now, but don’t worry. I’ll take care of all that.”

Inamorta left the hall, leaving behind my mother, Giovann, Basura and myself. I’d never seen Giovann look so worried. I do believe this was the first time I’d seen him completely loose control. He looked jittery, apologetic, and young.
Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2007, 03:41:34 pm »

I wonder who Giovann claimed he knew the secret of life to?.

Brillant job on this update!.

Oh and I wish there was a mod like that too Sadie.

babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2007, 06:02:03 am »

Thank you! Updates should pick up now since I'm done with one big project and I'll have more time to write this. Everything will come together, and boy will it be explosive!
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2007, 08:58:26 pm »

“Honestly, I didn’t tell anyone. Please believe me.”

Something about his demeanor told me to believe him.

“What would I gain—“

“Money. Power. Status.”

Basura advanced on Giovann. She didn’t seem angry or disappointed in him. Giovann looked around nervously, looking for an ally. That’s when I saw the faint scar on his cheek. I was convinced that that it was not Inamorta who dealt that blow. It was Basura. Giovann was afraid of Basura, and she was using this to press the truth from him.

“They would adore you. Hold you in high esteem. Isn’t that what you wanted? Untold power?”

“They’d kill me. They’d put up with me until I gave them Dahlia, then they’d throw me away. They’d kill me when they find out I don’t know how she does it. I don’t want to die. If I did, I wouldn’t have become a vampire.”

“But you didn’t make that choice, did you? It was made for you.”

Giovann narrowed his eyes at Basura. She mouthed something to him, but I couldn’t make out what it was. It made Basura smile and Giovann storm off. He headed down the hall toward one of the “forbidden” parts of the castle. I paid no attention to it then, but I should have. I should have paid attention to a lot more. For the moment, I was more preoccupied with everything that had just happened. My mother looked at me, and I knew what she was thinking. Our vacation here was over. Someone had let loose a dangerous secret, and before this whole thing was over, we could very well pay with our lives.

“He didn’t tell.”

Basura looked at my mother.

“No, he didn’t, but that puts us in a very awkward situation. Someone in this castle is lying.”

“But Inamorta would have no reason to say anything.”

“Those aren’t the only two answers to this dilemma. Dahlia, you went back to the states recently to visit your grandchildren. Is it possible that another vampire saw you there?”

None of us heard Inamorta coming down the hall. I’d grown to expect her sudden appearances. I hated them, and knew she used them to her advantage, but I couldn’t help feeling like she was always sneaking up on me.

“No,” I said after much careful thought. “I didn’t see any vampires. I didn’t sense any either, and I took careful pains to act as if nothing was different. Asilda and Marcin brought blood packs to me. I was the cousin who was on dialysis.”

Inamorta nodded, and walked away. She stopped and turned, as if she had something to say, but changed her mind, and continue walking. My mother nodded to me and headed to the library. Basura took my arm and we headed to the courtyard to finish our conversation.

“How did you get those scars?”

Basura laughed. She smiled at me and brushed stray strands of hair out of my face.

“You will be lucky if you do not find out first hand! The one that dealt this blow has a cruel and powerful hand. These will net even fade, unlike the one I gave Giovann. It was during the time when this castle was full. As Inamorta said, there were some who weren’t happy. They caused trouble for the lot. Started rivalries, spread rumors and lies…Eventually a fire was started. Some perished in the fire, but many got away. From there, some lived, some chose death.”

Basura paused and looked into the distance. She narrowed her eyes and grabbed my arm.

“Come. We are being watched. If I were not bound to her in one form or another, I would leave with you. I would have left long ago. Inamorta has not told you that she has enemies. She would rather have you believe that she is loved by all. While many do love her, there are just as many who would see her dead. However, this will never happen. They know that to kill her would be nearly impossible. She has the secrets of the “old world,” and when she dies, they die. They also know that she’s been around too long to be careless. I told you earlier that, if any vampire was most suited to eternal life, it is Inamorta. She will not die easily.”

“Is the one who caused all the problems still alive?”

“Very much so. I cannot tell you now who that is because we are being desperately watched, but I can tell you this. It was Inamorta herself who gave me these scars. It was not too long after I was turned. Please be careful in everything you do. When you went to visit your family, you were watched. You are always watched. Know that you are never really out of her sight. And this I tell you out of desperation.”

Basura walked hurridly away, pressing a tiny book into my hands as she left. When I turned around, I saw Giovann walking toward me. He held something in his hands, and his face was red. As he got closer, I could see a tiny handprint. He held out the note to me, and I took it. His hands shook horribly, and there were small marks on them.

“It’s from Inamorta. When you see her, tell her I will be her slave no more.”

The moment Giovann opened his mouth, I could tell he was shaking, not only from fear and humiliation, but from rage and anger. I reached out a hand to touch him, but he stepped back. His eyes were cold.

“Don’t trust her half as much as your mother does. She hasn’t been quite so trusting of either of you.”

Giovann started to walk away, but came back. He got really close to me and began to whisper.

“The note’s not from Inamorta. It’s from Basura. She says it’s really important, and that you should read it as soon as you’re alone. And alone is better inside your coffin. But my sentiment still stands. Inamorta will call you, and when she does, tell her I’m not her dog.”

Giovann hurried down the hall, cautiously looking over his shoulder. His suspicion made me look over my own. I heard a light shuffling coming around the corner. Inamorta looked happy, very pleased with herself. I wondered then if our voices carried down the hall. But when others talked, I couldn’t hear them unless they were within earshot. She must have had the castle insulated, and I made a mental note to ask Basura. Unfortunately, I never got that chance. I found myself very busy in the coming weeks.

“I think I want a puppy.”
Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2007, 06:56:44 am »

Hi. Brillant update!. Ok so someone is lying. I thought that if could've been Basura but then I remembered that she can walk in sunlight too so she wouldn't had any reason to tell the vampires. So maybe Inmorta could've told someone so she could have that power for herself?. I'm most likely wrong in my theories but it's fun to guess lol!.

See ya.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: