Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 02:39:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Benton Place: A Beach House  (Read 2663 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Morrighan

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2008, 03:57:02 am »

I based this on the house in North Carolina my family and I rent when we go to the beach.  It's pretty awesome so I thought I'd share it.  I left it unfurnished because mine will have a lot of custom content from who knows where by the time I'm done, but I'll post a pic so ya'll can see what it looks like furnished.  

Getting the sand dune to look right in relationship to the house was a pain in the butt that required some cheats, so mess with the basement in build mode at your own risk.  This was built on a machine that has all expansions and stuff packs except Pets and H&M.  

This is the house from the "back," the side that faces the road.  Good sized porch and a piece of wall to put an outdoor shower on underneath.

Basement/garage

Floorplan of the Basement/garage.  The first and second rooms are bedrooms/entertainment areas in the actual house.  The two rooms in back are a laundry room and bathroom.

Main floor from back.

Floorplan of the main floor.  Enter through the kitchen, living room has an awesome view of the ocean.  4 bedrooms, 2 on each side of the living room/kitchen with a bathroom in between.  The little spaces at the end of the bathrooms are meant to be closets for the bedrooms, in case that's not obvious.  I've left the bedroom windows small, even on the ocean side, because that's the way they are on the real house.  I for one will be going to put in big floor to ceiling windows out of my CC collection as soon as I get this posted. ^^

Here's the link to pictures of the house this was based on... it doesn't like Mozilla, so try opening it in an IE window.  

http://century21topsail.vrmreservations.com/vrmgr/rental/PropertyDisplay.aspx?PropertyId=536&WebCode=6bed&ReturnPath=/vrmgr/search/WebGroupListAll.aspx

ETA:

Some pictures of what it looks like after I decorated it.

* Benton Place.zip (773.36 KB - downloaded 153 times.)

* bentonplace1.jpg (10.66 KB, 400x300 - viewed 341 times.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:05:23 am by Morrighan » Logged

"I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long."
-Shelly Winters

Join the AA today!
kim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 06:18:16 am »

Nice Job

Miss_Jenny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:27:08 am »

Nice house. Do you know if it works if you install it with clean install? Or is it called that?

I've got the ability to confuse myself.:help:
Morrighan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 07:11:49 pm »

Quote from: Miss_Jenny;1120290
Nice house. Do you know if it works if you install it with clean install? Or is it called that?

It should.  No CC was used to build it, and the machine I built it on I completely wiped as far as hacks go when I installed BV, so there's the InSim, InTeen, and Macrotastics from MAtY.  Shouldn't cause any problems, though this is only my second upload so if anyone finds one please let me know.  ^^

"I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long."
-Shelly Winters

Join the AA today!
Miss_Jenny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:04:50 am »

Thank you. I shall see how it goes and I will tell you the results.

Edit: I have tried now. It works just great.:-P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:13:03 pm by Miss_Jenny » Logged

I've got the ability to confuse myself.:help:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: