Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 04:58:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I package sims born in the game?  (Read 2518 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
beard_ed

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2007, 04:37:03 pm »

Hey I was wondering how I can package some sims I created and ones that were born from them. I have an intel graphics card so unfortunately I can't use body shop and I just have the base game. Is it possible for me to package them at all. I have a gorgeous 12 member family that I want to share. Any help would be appreciated.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 08:35:15 pm »

You can using SimPe.  This question have been asked many times already.  Do a seach and you will find tutorials on how too.
Innocent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:29:22 pm »

Here is a tutorial : >> here <<

I ate a babeh.
I log in once a year and I don't remember putting THAT ^ as my signature.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:27:32 pm »

beard_ed - the problem you have is not an uncommon one.  The Intel Graphics chips are not all prone to this problem, but many of them are.  Unfortunately because all or much of the information for a Sim is not in the file you would access from SimPE, but spread across several different game files, you are doomed to not being able to share your Sims Sad

If you could upgrade your graphics adapter to even a modest nVidia or ATI card in the US $100 range, then we would be in a different boat altogether.

The Body Shop portion of the extraction process is necessary because it will "reclaim" the information that is missing and allow you to share the Sims you have in game.  So - as long as you have no access to Body Shop (or Booby-Trap as I often call it) you will be limited in what you can make and share with the community.

What I do recommend is perhaps making a story with the family, at least in this manner you can still share them with the community through screen captures.

Although you might also export the Sims on a small lot, I cannot recommend this. This method is unreliable and prone to many problems.  Exporting Sims on a lot causes many broken memories that remain with the Sims and makes them have a high chance of getting the "too many memories" jump bug, which would mean more help requests -- and I am not in the business of making more work for myself :lol:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 12:34:38 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 10:46:59 am »

Quote from: Innocent;601666
Here is a tutorial : >> here <<
Thanks for that Smiley
Quote from: beosboxboy;605716
The Body Shop portion of the extraction process is necessary because it will "reclaim" the information that is missing and allow you to share the Sims you have in game.
And thanks for that as that info isn't in the tutorial (even though for now I will only be sharing with myself.) :thumblef:

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: